Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Awkward Moment When You Meow At A Cat And It Pounces On You... (week 41)

CRAZY WEEK. But first off. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE LITTLE SIBLINGS IN THE WORLD. Eden, Seth, and Hannah... I HOPE YOU HAVE THE BEST BIRTHDAYS EVER. Wish I could be there! But i will be thinking of you guys alllllll week. :) Yall are the best. 

Okay sooo..my baby is......... HERMANA VILLARREAL. She is awesome!! We are really similar. We like all the same things. Especially cats. None of my companions have liked cats as much as me except for her! She is from Washington state, grew up in a spanish ward, and has siblings all the same ages as my little siblings. Meant to be! We were supposed to be in a trio with Hermana McGrath until the 28th because she extended but she got emergency transferred to Houston sooo.... yeah its just been us these past weeks. Kinda been nuts because I still dont know the area that well  because its my second transfer there but I know the Lord has really been blessing us and has been helping me a ton. I know that He answers prayers though. I was praying I would train someone that I would get along with and that would be willing to work hard. She is really so great. I am excited to see her grow and learn these next few months. 

So here is what happened this week. Lets just say I am supppppperrrrr tired and i hate the wind. in a bike area. its rough! but its all the Lords work and I LOVE it sooo much!! Alright on to the week. On monday night, Hermana Mcgrath had to go to the departing missionaries dinner and I went on an exchange to with Hermana Green and Beltran. It was really fun. Ate some really spicy food. Then they didnt get back until like 10 so we had to stay in Kemah for the night. Crazyy. But then on Tuesday we had such a great day! We got to see some less actives that we havent seen in forever and we invited them to church!! they didnt come though... gah. thats the hardest thing for me. Anyways.. we also had the GREATEST lesson with a newish family that night!! We watched the Restoration video with them and the dad, Javier, felt the spirit soooooo strong!!! When it ended, we asked him what he thought and he explained the whole thing back to us. it was amazing. Like i was so happy. We extended baptismal dates to them but they didnt except. They said they would be baptized though! cutest family! I love them so much. And we walked the cutest girl to the bus stop earlier that day after we taught her and her dad. I just love helping people. Makes me so happy! Oh! I forgot. Also that day we taught a less active that lives in houston but was visiting her sister. She had TONS of doubts and kept asking us so many questions. But when we were done with the lesson she thanked us for taking away some of her doubts. I just felt good because I knew I was doing my job. 

Wednesday was TRANSFERS. I was soooo nervous!! But Prayers were answered. Im excited to work with Hermana Villarreal and watch her grow. Thursday we had weekly planning and i told her about EVERYONE in the area. Well.. the people that i know. Ha. But then we had some great lessons. My favorite dinner appointments are the ones with the Familia Cano. Their son leo is my FAVORITE. so we were sitting there eating and he goes, "When i grow up i am going to build a temple in galveston. because there is so much space." HAHA there is NO space in Galveston! hahahaha that was the funniest part. He is the cutest kid though. And so in tune with the spirit. He always talks about the temple everytime we ware there. So awesome. 

Friday was awesome too! We met the CUTEST old man every. He is 95 years old and still kickin. He wants to work!! But he was a referral from a member who came to visit her friend with us. Her friend ended up not being home so we ate the food she brought for us there on the friends patio furniture. love it. then she was like okay lets go visit lots of people that i know! we were like SWEET. so her ex-husband takes care of this old me. You have to literally yell to talk to him. Luckily the member we were with has a very loud voice so she talked. But he was so grateful that we were there to share a message with him! I was like, "Hermana! we have to baptize him! he doesnt have much time left!!!" hahaha but really. he is so great!! we love him. 

Saturday was hard. It was raining all day and NO ONE was home!!! so frustrating. We had a couple good lessons though. And we were so grateful that it wasnt freezing!! it was still kinda warm! But we just biked around galveston all day and we didnt have a dinner appointment until 7:30. we were dying!! haha but finally it was time to have dinner with our investigator Alvina who ACCEPTED A BAPTISMAL DATE!!!! she is AWESOME!!! and soooooo prepared. I love her to death. She has a date for the 12th of April! pray for her! she will be the greatest member. She made us posole blanco which i LOVED. i just love food. they were making fun of me how i am going to be really fat when i go home. good thing i am in a bike area!! 

Sunday... was hard. no one came to church expect for Nelson. But he comes every week!! We tried soooooo hard to get people there!!! The hardest thing for me is when people say, "yes we will be there!" and then they dont show up!!! ughhhh. agency. i just dont like it at all. But it turned out to be a great day because we finally got to see the Loredo family who we havent seen in a really long time!!! And claudia! She is having a really hard time right now so please keep her in your prayers!!! she needs them!! 

Well...thats all i got for this week!!! it was really really awesome and I am so grateful for all that is happening and that i get to be doing this great work!! i love it so much!! thank you for all your love and support!! have a great week!!!
con amor,
Hermana Dorian

p.s. i guess i better tell you why i titled this email the way i did. yesterday we went to go pick up food from the branch pressidents house and they had the cutest cat!! but it wouldnt let me pet it!! sooo...i meowed at it. hahahaha and it POUNCED AT ME!!! scared me to death!!! hahaha i still love cats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment