Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Miracles To End The Transfer! (week 40)

Another crazy week has gone by!! And another crazy transfer has gone by as well. I can not believe how fast these past 6 weeks have gone by. And seriously this week was insane and it was a miracle in itself that we got any prosylyting time!! Thats how nut was. But i just want to start my email out with a scripture. I love scripture gems and I definitely found a lot of them this week which was great. So here is one of them. As a missionary, obviously I pay attention to the examples of the awesome missionaries in the scriptures. I definitely have a few favorites. But one of them is Alma. And in Alma 29:9-10 he says, "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but i glory in that which the Lord has commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.....And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea then I do remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me." AH Alma was such a great example!! And I just love that scripture. Its just how i feel. I love to see these people repent and change their lives. And he is so right. When I see these people change and repent it reminds me of how merciful the Lord is and how much Heavenly Father loves His children. Every single one of them. I love being a missionary and getting to feel the joy that Alma felt.

Okay so now for the crazy week! So on Monday we got a text from the Zone leaders saying that we needed to stay off of the island until Wednesday. So that was another 2 1/2 days of not being in our area! It was so stressful and we had to go back and figure out what was going on with our investigators because we hadnt seen them in forever. It was a good couple days though. I was absolutely exhausted but it was really fun. I think I am still adjusting from the exhaustion. But the rest of the week was great too!! 

Wednesday we had Zone Conference with President Ashton and once again it was AMAZING. It was an Atonement Training. I love when Pres. Ashton does Atonement training's because he understands the Atonement so well and teaches it to us in a way I have never heard before. And it made me think about the Atonement in a way I never had before. My mind was blown!! Still is. I learned so much though and i was so spiritually fed. Then after that we headed back to the Island! Right when we got back we did some personal study then headed out to visit our abandoned investigators!! But get this. So we were biking home that night and the phone was on silent. We got into the apartment and I walked into the bathroom, pulled out the phone and saw a call and voicemail from President Ashton. I was like what? why did he call us? Then i listened to the voicemail and this is all it said, "Hi hermanas this is president ashton. we would like you to train next transfer. give me a call back." and i think he said something else too but i was too busy freaking out to listen. WHAT?! TRAINING?! SOOOOOO crazy!!! i was so surprised and i couldnt believe it!! i yelled and Hermana McGrath got freaked out!! Haha she goes home on the 28th of March so we will be cotraining for 2 weeks. Then we had the training meeting on Thursday. Freaked me out more but i am really excited. I am grateful that the Lord has given me this trust to train a new missionary from the MTC. I am grateful for this chance I have to learn and grow even more and become a better person and missionary. I wont know who she is until Wednesday but i am so excited and anxious to meet her!!!! :)

So then the rest of the week it was really hard to focus and i was like falling asleep on my bike everytime we had to ride!! But I made it through and we saw so many miracles this week! we had lots of really awesome lessons. AND WE HAD 4 INVESTIGATORS AT CHURCH. we did EVEYRTHING that we could to get them there. We literally woke up early and rode our bikes around galveston to wake people up and get them to church. The people whos doors we knocked on didnt come... BUT others did. So when we do everything that we can then the Lord blesses us. So Alvina and her son Daniel were there and Claudia came! We had no idea Claudia was going to come but a member texted us and asked us to find her a ride 10 minutes before church and so I texted Claudia and asked if she was coming and she said yes and that she needed a ride!! i was STRESSING!! But we have some amazing members that came through and picked her up. it was awesome and they all loved church!! I was so happy. 

Ah okay I am all out of time but i love you all so much and i am so grateful for all your support and prayers! keep them coming!! the people here in Galveston are so close and so ready!!! pray that they will be able to act on their faith and repent!! :) I love this work so much and I know that this church is true. Even when its hard... its so true!! 

Con amor, 
Hermana Dorian
 QUICK FUNNY STORY. So we were biking home for dinner one night and this dog ran up to us. We petted it and said hi. Then left. But it FOLLOWED AND CHASED us from 15th street to 2nd street where we live. I was soooooo mad and I was like "i am so done!! i hate dogs!!" and people were like "is that your dog?" I said no and asked them to take him from us but he kept following us!! I guess he really wanted to hear about the gospel. I wish other people were like that and so ready and willing ;) no they are so out there and we are going to find them! have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment