Sunday, March 2, 2014

Mardi Gras Weekend! And..the Atonement is SO Real. (week 38)

The church is so true. Can that just be my email for the week? I wish! It was such a great week though. And to start off my email, I just want to say that I know God and Jesus Christ live. And I know that if we trust in the Lord and give everything over to Him, then He will carry us through the hard and the good times. This week I have prayed so hard to have a change of heart and to just be a better person. And I see a night and day difference. The Lord has helped me to change and slowly I am becoming the person that He knows I can be. I wouldnt be able to do this without Him and I know that it is through the Atonement that we can do everything. From making a conscious effort to repent daily and become better, we are forgiven of our sins, changed, and helped through the hard times through His grace and His love. I have been studying the Atonement a lot and there just isnt enough time in the day to study it!! I wish i could all day long but i have souls to save! ;) 

So this week was great. We had to see our investigators as much as possible because we were going to have to leave the island for Mardi Gras weekend. Galveston gets pretty crazy!! And we heard crazy stories! Anyways! so I dont have much time so I am going to just focus on the main points of the week. and of course i cant even really remember anymore. Too much stuff running through my brain. 

So Claudia is AWESOME. we had a great lesson with her thursday night!! sadly she was in the hospital but she is doing better now i think! We showed her the Story of Joseph Millet from the D&C videos and it was sooo awesome. The spirit was SO strong. And then we talked about how God loves her and knows her and has a plan for her. I just love Claudia so much. She is doing so good and she is totally going to get baptized! She just has to stop smoking!! pray for her please! she needs your prayers!!

Eva is doing great!! We tried to teach her the Atonement this week. She kinda has a hard time and thinks its so sad that He did that so we were trying to help her see that it was part of the plan and that without the Atonement we would be completely fallen and lost and have no hope. And we found out her husband might be baptized!! We almost extended a date and he was like "i remember doing that". what the random?!!? haha so that was pretty cool. But when we left, Eva prayed and asked Heavenly Father to please help her to get baptized soon. She has to get married and we think its going to be soon. She has so much faith. I love that family to death. 

So funny stories for the week. One, we had a prayer circle one night. These guys stopped us on the side of the road and wanted to have a prayer circle. so we stood there on the side of the busy road in galveston and all held hands and we each took turns praying. Greatest experience ever. I was trying so hard not to laugh. He was so serious about it! I love Galveston. 

Two, we had to get kicked off the island for Mardi Gras weekend!! So on Friday in the middle of the day we had to leave. We packed up 5 peoples stuff in a tiny car and set off! Luckily we werent all going to the same place. 2 of the english sisters went somewhere else and then me and my companion and sister workinger all went to Kemah. it was such a fun weekend!!! and so crazy!! The first night we all played volleyball and the second night we had noche mormona!! We played tons of fun games and just laughed our faces off. And had lots of awesome conversations about the gospel. I am SO grateful to be a missionary!! This is the greatest work and the church is so true. I love my Savior and I love my Father in Heaven. 

Hope everyone has a great week!! Love you all!! 

Con Amor, 
Hermana Dorian :)

No comments:

Post a Comment