Sunday, March 2, 2014

Transfer Week! Soooo Crazyyyyy! (week 35)

Alright alright. I know yall are just DYING to find out where I am now serving. I finally left my home of Houston 9 North and went somewhere else. Here are some clues as to where I am now... 
You know you're in this place when...
1. the people are super duper nice
2. its pretty cold this time of year
3. the roads are a grid system
4. there are english and spanish speakers in my zone
5. i am serving in a spanish branch
6. there are lots of palm trees
7. there is ocean surrounding....

okay well in case you havent guessed (because you probably havent..) i am now serving in... GALVESTON ISLAND!!!!!! WHAT?!?!?! Literally. I am serving on an island. I was soooo surprised when my picture popped up on the powerpoint for Lehi East area. (which is the spanish branch here on Galveston). Holy cow. It is so different. But i am serving on an island!! I have so many feelings as i bike along the roads here. I feel like I am in disneyland sometimes, california sometimes, hawaii sometimes... just so many feelings!! Its so great. The weather has been a little rough lately but i am excited for it to get warmer! It will be so beautiful. There are so many old unique houses. And a lot of them have been made into apartments because when there was a huge hurricane here a while back it destroyed like everything. But Galveston really is so great and there is so much work to be done. So many great investigators!

Okay so it was basically super hard leaving Houston 9 north. That was my home! I was there for 9 months and I opened up the area!!! So it was SO hard to leave!! And part of it was that i didnt realize how hard it would be until I left. That ward is absolutely amazing. Shout out to obispo lomeli. seriously he runs that ward like sooooo well. Anyways but we had SO many miracles happen before I left!! Like so many!! The Mirandas came with us to see Moniqua which was actually really really awesome and things turned out okay. Then on Tuesday we had 5 member presents!!! soooo crazy!!! That like never ever happens. We taught a lot and I got to see a lot of my favorite people that meant so much to me. They are dearly missed. I try not to think so much about it or i break down and cry. 

Moving on!!! To my time here on the island. So we didnt get back from transfer meeting until about 8 and we had some things to do. So after we got my luggage from the english elders and figured everything out, we walked down the street a little bit because Hermana McGrath was going to show me a little bit of the area. But as we were coming to a corner, an english member that lives in our complex saw us and invited us to come share a message. Cutest family ever! reminding me of the Rollins! It was great. Then the next day we went to go visit one of the elders investigators in the hospital which is in our area. Like actually 2 seconds away. And most of the people here on the island are medical students. Okay sorry for all the sidetracks. So we saw her in the hospital and she has been through SO much. Her name is jessica and she has just been really sick lately. she is awesome though and we are excited to start teaching them. Then we did weekly planning! Hermana McGrath had to tell me about everyone so it kinda took longer than usual! But it was good. and then we went out to go try some people. We ended up getting in to see Margarita. She is really sweet and has crazy puppies. I am excited to keep teaching her. 

Oh okay so we have Sister Workinger here on the island and she is a senior sister training leader. But neither of her comps can drive so we have to drive them up to meetings and stuff. So on friday Hermana McGrath took Sister Workinger and Sister Susu up to Houston while I stayed on the Island with Sister Vea. We had a lot of fun. We did service at Our Daily Bread where we served breakfast and lunch and then played a dominos game. SO FUN. The people were so funny. Then we went back to the apartment to get some stuff. P.S. we were left phoneless so we had no way of contacting anyone. So we decided to go visit Jessica at the hospital. We get there and turns out she had an infection or virus and she didnt want visitors. Uh... too bad. we went in anyways! we had to put on gowns and gloves and we couldnt touch anything. Such an adventure. So then we just talked to her for a little bit and said a prayer with her. She has so much faith and is so strong. Then we went to a dinner appointment and so I got to meet some members in the branch. They were super duper nice!! Such a sweet family. Then we went to see one of the sisters investigators, Ramon. He is HILARIOUS. and we poured out ALL his liquoir. VICTORY. they  have been trying to do that for a while. So that was way fun!! 

Saturday we had TONS of success. I finally got to meet a lot of our investigators and put faces with names. which is what i really wanted. Oh, did i mention Hermana McGrath goes home in 5 weeks and I have to take over the area? Yeah. stress. But yeah we saw lots of cool investigators and got fed. what?! we NEVER got fed in Houston 9 and now they have a meal calender here for the missionaries. So different! haha but that part is a good different :) And then yesterday was a good day too. We have been able to teach a lot. There are so many great people here on the island. And everyone is so nice and willing to listen. I really love it. More details to come next week when i get a little more situated in my new home. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful week!! Keep the prayers coming!! We need them!! love you all so much and thank you for all the love and support!!! Yall are the best!!! Que tengan una buena semana!!
 Con amor, 
Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment