Monday, January 27, 2014

"Yes We DO Go Out In The Pouring, Freezing Rain!" (week 34)

I think the longer you are on a mission, the crazier it gets. LIKE SERIOUSLY. This past week was crazy too. So many things happened and we saw so many miracles. It was absolutely amazing. But first things first. I know you all are so anxious to hear about transfers because its been 6 weeks since last transfers. Well... here it is. I AM GETTING TRANSFERRED. what?! There was definitely a point where I thought I was going to be in that area for my entire mission. literally... but i'm not! I am so sad to leave the area and these people but I just knew I was leaving. It's time. I am really ready for a change and this area is ready for a change as well. I am excited to see what my new area has in store for me!! It will be really good and I feel like I have done everything that I was supposed to do and everything that I can do for these people. Now they need a new missionary who will help them come closer to Christ and receive the blessings of the gospel! Stay tuned for next week! Transfer meeting is on Wednesday so I will find out where I am going then!! so exciting!!
 
As for the week... I cant really remember what happened to be exactly honest. And it doesn't help that I forgot my planner which tells me everything that goes on. Anyways so here are just some big highlights from the week:
 
 Can I just say that Houston weather is sooooo random and weird? it is. Hence the title of this email. More news coming. Anyways so on Monday, we went to the Houston Museum of Natural Science! It was AWESOME! They have real mummies. And when we got to the dinosaur exhibit, we got our own personal tour. sweettt. I learned so much about dinosaurs. Did yall know some have feathers? Yeah. Me neither. But yeah that was super duper fun. And Hermana Hogan took us all to a Nacho place that is the closest thing to CafĂ© Rio in Texas! YESS! we did it!! it was seriously so delicious!!!
 
This week we taught Gloria a lot at the church which is the most ideal situation to teach. But not when her kids are there! Her kids are monsters!! They are sooo adorable and I love them all so much but they NEVER listen to hear and they are OFF THE WALLS crazy 24/7. Mom, Abraham is 6 and reminds me a lot of seth. actually.. ramon reminds me of him too. Its just that age. So we tried to help them with homework this week and we also taught Gloria which was perfect. She finally read out of the Book of Mormon and she LOVED it! We left her with 3 Nephi 27 to read and she thought it was so beautiful and she wanted us to read it with her kids. So we did! We also invited her to be baptized and she said no and that she has already been baptized. So.. we left her with Acts 19:1-6 which is about Paul and how he asks the people if they have received the Holy Ghost and they said no and that they had only been baptized by water and then they were baptized again!! So I hope that helps with her doubt and that she realizes that she needs to be baptized again because it wasn't by someone holding the priesthood authority of God and so that she can receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. I really do love her so much and I am so excited to see and hear about what happens with them!!
 
We also have Alex and Sylvia!! They are sooo LEGIT. They are progressing sooo well. They read in the Book of Mormon everyday! And LOVE it!! Alex came to church yesterday and wants to get baptized so bad! And get this. He is 12. and making us dinner tomorrow. He told us he was going to make us either hot dogs or quesadillas. I LOVE HIM. I am so excited for them to be baptized. They just understand everything so well and they are so prepared. The Lord has been working on them for the last 7 months from when we dropped them and then ran into them again.
 
So we had a cool experience this week. Texas weather likes to be really nice and warm and then FREEZING COLD the next day with freezing rain!!! So the freezing cold was on Thursday. We had to bike to the church twice times that day and both times it was so cold and rainy and windy and I could barely see anything. The second time we went, it was later at night and by the time we got to the church, my skirt was SOAKED. And our investigator didn't even show up. So exciting. But as I was riding in the cold this week, I just was loving every second of it. This week was SO exhausting with so much biking but I literally LOVED every single second. I love being a missionary so much! It is amazing!! And people kept asking us if we went out in that terrible weather. DUH! we got souls to save here!!!
 
Now for the rejection of the week. FUNNIEST thing ever. So we knocked on a potentials door and then a lady walked by and she was like "um excuse me? excuse me?" and I was like, "oh do you live here?" and she goes, "no but you all need to leave because its rude to knock on doors." Basically she told us to leave because we were being rude and annoying. haha it was all in Spanish and she was talking fast so I didn't catch it all but after I just started laughing so hard because it was just so funny!!!! and then we stopped a lady on the street and asked if we could share a message with her and she was like, "hmmmmmm... no!". So sad. But it was funny. Just gotta be a duck as my aunt tiffany would say! And keep on going!! MISSIONS ARE THE BEST!!!
 
Oh and update on Janie and Antonio. Our eternigators. Janie is doing good. Her and her daughters are teaching us a lesson tomorrow night. yes. and we are making them dinner. Antonio and Gabby are GETTING MARRIED. and he still isn't baptized. :( but it will happen!!!
 
Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!! love you all so much!! thank you for the love and support!!! :)
Con amor,
Hermana Dorian!!

No comments:

Post a Comment