Sunday, January 26, 2014

Free Kitten? New Scratches. (week 30)



Well hello everyone!! Sorry i am emailing so late!! We took our pday today so that we could go to the temple!!! It was the most amazing experience and I am always sooo grateful to be able to go to the temple. I really am so grateful that we have one close too and that we get to go once every 3 months. Such a blessing. And I really needed the boost to keep going!! There is just such a sense and feeling of peace at the temple and i love it alot. The Houston temple is so special. I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas though and HAPPY NEW YEAR. I cant believe its 2014 already! TIME FLIES! Hope everyones christmas's were jolly and filled with lots of warmth and food. That doesnt make sense.. moving on. Okay so this week was SO AWESOME. I learned a lot about praying specifically and really relying on the Lord. Before I give you all a play by play of the week I just wanted to add something I learned this week in studies. I am studying in John right now and in Chapters 13 and 14, Christ tells His disciples that He will be going somewhere that they cannot know and they cannot go. They are confused when He tells them this. But what He is saying is that He knew He was going to suffer for our sins and go down to the deepest parts and feel the deepest pains. And no one else could do that or experience that except for Him. Which is why they couldnt follow him or know where He was going. And the fact that He did it so willingly is amazing. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I am so grateful for the Atonement and everything He did for me. And each one of you.
Alright so this week was amazing. We saw soo many miracles!! Tuesday, after P-day, we prayed specifically that we would be able to fill up our night becasue we had NO idea where to go! we knew that people would be gone with family or partying and drinking. But the Lord really blessed us and we were able to fill up our whole night!! And we got to sing for some members. The spirit was so strong and even though we dont sing, the spirit was there and it was awesome. I really enjoyed it. Then we opened most of our presents that night. I couldnt wait! Thank you to everyone who sent me a gift or card!! it really meant soo much to me!! :) Then on Christmas we made breakfast at the church for single members and then sang! Soooooo jolly. It was really different being a missionary but it was really so special. :) Anyways so then it was SKYPE TIME!!! BEST TIME. soooooo good to see my family and get to talk to them!!! I have been blessed with the most amazing family!!! :) Then after that we had a dinner appointment and we were able to visit a few more people as well. Once again, such a blessing!
Thursday we did speed weekly planning and then went out to work!! We taught Janie and then later that night we were able to meet with Antonio!! It was basically the final showdown. Bishop Lomeli came with us. we went over the baptismal questions with him and he is SOOO ready and prepared. he was supposed to be baptized on Sunday but said he needed more time and wanted to pick his date. So we are praying so hard that its soon! I just know how much this is going to bless his life!! BUt its all in the Lords time!!
Friday was the day I turned 20. WHAT?! im so old. haha i am no longer a teenager!! It was such an amazing day though! I was just so grateful to be working and doing the Lords work on my birthday. There isnt a better way to spend it. And we didnt have that much to do but I was praying for some birthday miracles. AND THEY CAME! First we tried a less active that lives on the edge of our area. I knew she wouldnt be home but i knew we needed to go over there. So then we tried a former in an apartment complex across the street, got rejected, then I felt like we needed to go try a lady we contacted on the street a really long time ago. Like when Hermana Tauteoli was here. She was home and let us in!! AND she accepted and commited to read the book of mormon. FIRST MIRACLE OF THE DAY. it was soooo awesome! she is so sweet! Then we got to see Carmen Godinez who we havent seen in forever. We taught her about temples and stressed eternal families. She knows alot and she has a car now! ANOTHER MIRACLE. and she said the first place she went with her car was the church so she could know the route. shes so great. its her new years goal to go to church so that steve can be baptized in march. yes!!! But then we tried some potentials then went to dinner with the other hermanas! we went to a mexican restaurant and it was SO GOOD. and they sang to me. in spanish. i was in heaven!!! :) haha then we saw all the people we planned to at night and they all made cakes! ive never eaten so much cake. it was AWESOME. and definitely an amazing day filled with miracles. And hermana johnson was so sweet to make me breakfast and put ugly pictures of me all over the apartment :)
....................and to explain the title. on this same day, friday, we rode by a house that had a free kitten sign. we knocked and the lady is catholic and kinda rude. we asked if she knew any hispanics around. she said no. then i asked if she still had kittens. she said yes and i held one. best birthday ever. it got scared and scratched me............ :)

Sunday we had another AMAZING miracle!! So we had church! OH and first of all we had to teach the sunday school class. and we didnt know till halfway through sacrament meeting! winged it... good thing we have the spirit. That's what elder vanderbeek said. haha so funny but so true. we decided to talk about Jesus Christ and the spirit was really strong and it was a good lesson. I also learned I am going to make comments in all my classes because its annoying when no one makes comments or answers questions ;) anyways so then after church we went to a lesson with Paula. We taught Neftali. Well... not much was taught. his roommate just wanted to bible bash and I just didnt have much patience. After we left, we decided to go contact a family we had oym'd. We saw her trying to get her shopping cart in her apartment! So we ran over to help her and we asked if we could come in and she said YES! I was so surprised!! I thought she was busy!! So we went in and taught them about the Restoration. This family is THE CUTEST!! I am literally obsessed. Shas 4 girls and they are all so darling. I love them so much and the older daughters are so excited to read the book of mormon! I LOVE teaching families and I love teaching them about how they can be together forever. SO grateful to be a misisonary and bring that happy news to families like the familia juarez :) and she is from guatemala... i love guatemalans. :)
Well thats all the time i have but thank you sooo much everyone for your love and support!!! I know this church is true and I KNOW it can change lives because it's changed mine. Hope yall have an AMAZING week!! :)
con mucho amor,
hermana dorian :)

No comments:

Post a Comment