Sunday, December 29, 2013

Feliz Navidad! (week 29)

Okay I really dont have much time today so this is not going to be very long. I wish I had more time because we have had the craziest week EVER. Like some amazing miracles and some of the hardest times. I just want to start out by saying all the things I am so grateful for:
texas
Texas houston south mission
President and Sister Ashton
to be serving in the states but spanish speaking
my ward
my bishop
the spirit
my Heavenly Father
my Savior Jesus Christ
CHRISTMAS
all the missionaries serving in my mission. 
to be a missionary during christmas time

Okay thats just a few. But this week while i was on my bike I just got to thinking about all the things I am so grateful for. Because there are so many and I have been so blessed and I am just so happy to be a missionary.
Anyways so this week was CRAZY!!!! It was transfers! Hermana Knopf came with us for a few days so we were in a trio! so fun! but so crazy. we worked both areas and really didnt even get much done because of all the stuff we had to do to get ready for everything. So on Tuesday though, we got to go "running" with the new missionaries which means that we take them out to talk to people! And guess who i took? HERMANA HECKEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT??? I definitely FREAKED OUT when i saw her!!!! I was sooooooo excited and i still cant believe that she is here! In my mission!! ah. sooo awesome!!! that was super duper fun.
Thursday we had an AMAZING miracle!! So we asked the bishop to come out with us to see Maria, who hasnt been doing very well lately. She has been so stressed and smoking and I just didnt know what to do for her. So we invited bishop to come! He did and it was PERFECT. she is doing soooo much better now. he gave her a blessing and the spirit was so strong and it was so sweet. sooo awesome! Then we went to visit the Lopez family that just moved back to houston from guatemala and bishop invited them to the christmas party and to church! AND THEY CAME! finally!! Then we went to see Paula and we talked to her about missionary work which was great and she is pumped. And we thought for sure bishop woul;d leave after that. but he didnt!! He stayed to help us teach Antonio. Until 10 o'clock at night!! He is sooooo great. I was so grateful for him and he brought the spirit so strong into all of our lessons. It was amazing. :)
Then on saturday... it was probably the worst day of my entire mission. I wont go into details but it was really really hard. I was very grateful for the Christmas party though and Eric came to that!! so great! and i actually played the piano!! haha I played silent night while Lupita sang! sooo precious. my piano skills are getting slightly better. mom you should be proud! ;) i am excited. but that was way fun.
Sunday was another miracle day!!! We went to see Janie and she is having some doubts about baptism so we talked to her about that! And helped her solve some. Not all though. She needs more time. But i have faith in her! Then we went to see a referral that the elders gave us and we show up to the door and I was like... wait... we have been here before. Turns out it was a guy that we have talked to before that wasnt interested but he just moved there 10 days before and now he is super interested! I WAS SO AMAZED. it was awesome!!! We taught him and first and he seemed very interested. i am so excited! we will see how that all folds out :) i am excited to have a new legit investigator! Then the rest of the night was good too and we taught lots of lessons :)
Yesterday, we had CHRISTMAS CONFERENCE!!! soooo fun! the whole mission got together and we did studies (sorta) then watched Ephraims Rescue! SO GOOD. i was blown away. Then we ate, had a gift exchange, and did lots of fun activites. I was in heaven. I didnt want to leave. I love this mission so much and I love where I am. And I love what I am doing! I love this jolly time of the year too.
Okay i have to go but I hope everyone has a VERY MERRY AND JOLLY CHRISTMAS!!! i love you all so much and thank you for everything!!! Have an amazing week :)
Love, hermana dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment