Sunday, December 15, 2013

MISSIONS RULE!!! (week 27)




There is just something so different and cool about being a missionary on thanksgiving. Well, I guess being a missionary on any holiday. I thought that I was going to be sad and homesick because I wasnt at home having Thanksgiving with my family, but throughout the whole day I was just so happy and felt this sense of joy that I was serving a mission. And I was able to think about all the things I am thankful for and there are SO many!! One is the amazing ward that I am serving in. The ward members dont really celebrate Thanksgiving the way we do because they are basically all from other countries. They just celebrate it because they know its a big american holiday. But they took care of us missionaries. They wanted us to feel at home and not miss our families too much. So we got fed. A TON!! First us and the other hermanas went to a members home for lunch. She made us posole and sweet potatoes in cinnamon and butter! yummmm. just like home :) Then the other hermans played their instruments and we sat and listened. Then we went to see a new member that just moved into our area from Houston 4. ONE OF MANY MIRACLES FROM THIS WEEK!!!! Seriously. Now we have 3 members in our area! YESSS. I was soooo happy to find that out. we are being so blessed!! So we went and got to know her and she is the sweetest. then we went to see another member. Luckily some of our members were home and we were able to visit them. Then we went to the Morenos and ate pavo! and lots of other food. I was still full from lunch but i was able to eat most of what they gave me. it was really good pavo too!! And our investigators who are the neighbors of the morenos came. They seriously love us so much. They laugh at everything we say and the mom wanted like a million pictrues with us. At the morenos and at their house with their christmas tree. so random. but it was so fun! they are so cute!! Then we had to race to Janies because it was Eslendys birthday!!! Yay! I gave her some of my necklaces and she was so excited and was like "yay! cute necklaces to wear to church!" p.s. she hasnt been to church in forever so that was perfect. She is such a teenager. But we ate even more food there!! I think i gained like 5 pounds. oh well :) sooo worth it. And we asked everyone what they were thankful for and after we left Janie's, I just felt like "okay. i have done some good here!" I love them so much and to hear them say they are thankful that we have taught them and all they have learned from us just melted my heart. I love my life!!!! :)
 
Anyways.. so the rest of the week! So on Monday, it was really cold and rained all afternoon! By the time we had to leave the other hermanas apartment and end p-day, the roads were flooded!!! not too bad but we were driving on a road and everytime a car passed us, the whole car was covered in water! completely! crazy!! it was pretty exciting! but by the time we got home, it had stopped and we were able to go out and visit people. we froze but it was fine! we taught maria and then taught A.V. at his door step because his mom wasnt there. We taught him about missionary work and challenged him to give a book of mormon to a friend before christmas!!
 
Tuesday we had district meeting then went out and saw all of our potential investigators with Gabi!! Shes the best!!! we got to see Elizabeth and all her kdis were on break so they were all home! and they LOVE the church!! and they LOVE reading the Book of Mormon. SO AWESOME!!! we read a scripture with them and Gabi planned to take them to church which was perfect. Then we tried other people that werent home. Then we saw Maria and just taught Gabi. After that lesson with Gabi, I was so grateful for the Atonement and how amazing it is. Shes going through a hard time but shes really applying the Atonement and I really am so grateful for it. But then we taught Antonio at the church and it was an awesome lesson!!! Hes awesome! AND HE CAME TO CHURCH!!!! YAY!!!!! he is sooooo ready for baptism!!! he just needs to know that he is ready!!! ahhh!!!
 
Wednesday we had to do weekly planning because they wanted us to prosylyte on Thanksgiving. Then we made paper chains for christmas with Eslendy and eliud!! THanks mom for sending the papers. ITS PERFECT. they love it!!! haha and then Friday we did exchanges!! I went to Houston 2 with Hermana Shill! She's awesome!! we did lots of service and visited some awesome people. it was really fun and nice to be in a car for a day. haha
 
Saturday was my favorite. it was perfect. and i wish i had more time to write about it but we got to go to the TEMPLE with our less actives and recent converts. Gabi and Antonio were there!!!!!! It was sooooo awesome!! Hermana Bennion and I stayed outside with those who couldnt go in and just walked around. They we went to the store and then to the waiting room where we watched the childrens book of mormon stories. but in movie form. cooolllll. Antonion and Gabi loved them. It was so perfect that he was there. All the missionaries went and it was SO MUCH FUN!!! I LOVE THE TEMPLE!!! and i love the spirit that is felt there. The Houston Temple is GORGEOUS. ah so awesome. :) But then we had lots of awesome lessons with members and we have a new!! Her name is Maria and she is so cute. Shes catholic but she is open. we taught her the restoration and then we invited her to be baptized. she sat there quietly and then she was like "let me think about it..." so then she wouldnt take the book of mormon and we explained how it was necessary to know these things are true, to read the Book of Mormon. then she goes "is it really necessary?" and I was like "yes." then she sits quietly and goes "okay. esta bien." YAY!!! shes awesome and i love her so much!!! This area is moving along!!! LOVE IT SO MUCH. LOVE MY MISSION. And I love this gospel!!
 
Hope everyone had an AMAZING thanksgiving!!!! I am sooooo thankful for this church and this gospel and the spirit, the atonement, and just everything. LOVE YOU ALL. have a great week!!!
Love,
Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment