Monday, November 25, 2013

Texas Gets COLD?!?! (week 26)

Howdy yall!!! Hope everyone had an amazing week!! I sure did!! And hopefully I will be able to remember all of it to tell you about it. I think my memory is getting a whole lot worse with all the stuff I have to remember every day. Its a struggle. Okay anyways!! So heres how the week went!
 
Monday was awesome!! After P-Day we went to go teach Janie! And Hermana Mendez came with us which was really good. Janie is doing good.. but we are really struggling with her. We have been teaching her for about 5 months now and she wants to get baptized! She knows this church is true and understands the scriptures really well and is just so awesome. And she is so prepared and ready!! But.. she is living with her boyfriend which is keeping her from getting baptized. We are going over with our bishop tonight to talk to her and him about whats going on! And what they need to do so that Janie can be baptized. i really love her so much and I am so glad she has made the decision to come closer to Christ and be baptized. I know this will bless her life so much. Its not the anxiousness of having another baptism that I want her to get baptized so soon. Its the fact that she is coming closer to Christ and her life with be blessed and improve with this gospel! and with the Holy Ghost!!! She said something really funny this week though! So we are praying soooo hard that SOMETHING will happen so she can get baptized. ANYTHING. and the other day she told us that she had talked to Valdo about us and he doesnt believe that we dont get paid for being missionaries and that members of the church dont drink. Janie said, "well.. thats what they say so we believe them!!" and then he said, "well i am going to church with you the next time you go so i can see for myself!". AWESOME. and then janie says to us, "Yall have been praying too hard for him!" hahahahaha its so true though! we have been praying insanely hard!! maybe he will come to church and love it and decide to stop drinking and change his life! pray for that family please!!! but yeah then after that we went and saw the Morenos and did a thanksgiving activity with them. We made a tree and the kids wrote on leaves what they are thankful for and we put it up on their wall. so cute!
 
Tuesday we had Zone Meeting!! It was really good!!! I love Zone Meetings so much. Our zone is super duper awesome and fun. We talked alot about baptizing weekly and how to get our investigators to church and how to teach better. Which is what I need a lot of. You can never be a good enough teacher!! but after that we went and spent some time at Bayou Village. its my favorite... we taught Janie, Eliud, and Maria! maria is still smoking and we are really working with her to quit. we are going to come up with a plan this week with her and see what we can do to help her. because she needs to be a good example to her granddaughters. She comes to church and is active in church though... tough sitchiation. haha but i have faith in her! shes done it before and she can do it again!!! so then after that we went to the church and taught Antonio!! I just love him. He is progressing really well and he knows this is true! He talks about getting baptized and he is DEFINITELY getting baptized. He wont accept a date though. He is scared I think and we need to figure out why. he wants to be more ready but he is already soooooo ready!!! he just needs to come to church again. he is really so golden! We taught him the word of wisdom and tithing and when we talked about tithink before he was so against it but we explained it again and he agreed to pay it after he is baptized. YESS! MIRACLE! Then I got to practice piano a little bit :) I am trying to get more comfortable playing so i can play in sacrament meeting. Our ward needs a piano player.
 
Wednesday we finally got to teach Elizabeth!! its been forever so that was awesome!!! We stressed the importance of coming to church and insisted on getting her there. it was actually a drop lesson to tell her we couldnt meet with her anymore if she wasnt going to do anything but she says we can keep coming to visit her and that she will try to come. She is just in the worst family situation and it breaks my heart. She is living with her abusive husband and I just want to help her so much. Please pray for her!! After that lesson we had another MIRACLE. Carmen let us in her house!! She has been mad at us for the past 2 weeks and she FINALLY let us in!!! It was awesome. We got to share a message with her and she wanted to do a noche de hogar but we will see if that will happen. Shes really great though! I hope we can stay on good terms with her! But then we saw Janie and Maria again.. They are so fun. After dinner we went to the Morenos because one of our appointments fell through and we got to talk to them for a little bit and she invited us over for thanksgiving! WOOOOOO. I am soooo excited! Thanksgiving with Guatemalans. yessssss. But then we got to see Paula! Another one of my favorite families :) So much fun every time we go over there.
 
Thursday was planning and it was so long! But it rained all day and I was really grateful to be inside most of the day!! And afterwards we went to Janies and taught her about the Atonement. Then we went to the church to teach our clase de ingles. But it was so sad. NO ONE came. I might give up teaching. so annoying! haha but its fine. i got to practice piano and we got to see Hermana Barrios. She forced us to eat with her and we had to scarf it down because we were late to go on an exchange! oh the life of a missionary. scarfing down hot spicy food. love it!!!!
 
Friday we went on an exchange!!! It was awesome!!! I went to the other Hermanas area of Houston 9!! We got to see some awesome people and do awesome service. I love going on exchanges and seeing how other sisters work and getting to know more people in the ward. And after the exchange we had a Noche de Hogar at Paulas with Antonio!! Hermano miguel (paulas boyfriend) taught and it was about prayer. Antonio loved it!! And we sang a Silent Night as the closing song. I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS!!! and i love the holidays in Texas!!!! I didnt want to leave that night. I was so happy!!!
 
Saturday was COLLLLLDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and friday too!!! Friday was the start. Its been in the low 40s. Okay dont judge me. I know all of you in Utah and other cold places are probably making fun of me but cold with humidity and rain, ON A BIKE is COLD. and so miserable. I love it though! I love that I get to wear my coat and tights and cute winter clothes! the cold probably wont last so i am making the best of it. Luckily we had coorilation meeting and then we went to the library to get aquianted with hastening the work.org and so we were inside most of the day. Then we went to try some people that werent home. We did knock on an apartment though that had really cute christmas lights. I HAD to knock! it was too cute!!! haha and the lady said we could come back! yay! miracles! and then we didnt know what to do so we prayed and ended up going to the morenos, inviting her neighbor to come to church (they think we are hilarious and they love us and we got invited over for thanksgiving! wooohoooo), and getting to teach hermana barrios and irais (her less active daughter) about the sacrament and invited irais to church. SHE CAME!!!!!!! SUCH A MIRACLE!!!! she didnt stay but she came for sacrament! I was seriously so happy! its been a few months since she has come. and Hermana Barrios was BEAMING. she was sooo happy to have her daughter there with her. :) Love it.
 
Sunday was awesome too. And still cold!! but i love it. a lot better than the heat. All of our investigators had to work so no one was at church. except for irais!!!! and Eliud came!! Maria was sick so she couldnt. but then after church we had ward council and i kinda threw down on how our ward doesnt pass the sacrament to the people that came late and have to sit in the foyer. I was soooo upset about it! The whole 7 months i have been in this ward, I never knew!!! I understand that they want to make people realize they need to come on time but depriving them of taking the sacrament which is why we come to church is just not okay! They need to recieve the blessings too! it worries me that we have members that maybe just dont come because if they are running late and they arent going to take the sacrament then they dont see a point. But I think they are going to change it which is good!! And we are to teach our members and investigators to come on time. Perfect!!! We also had a fireside about patriarchal blessings last night for our ward and houtson 2! it was awesome!! And then we went to Paulas and just watched mormon messages with all of them! Too fun. I LOVE being a missionary!!!!!
 
I truly do love what I am doing!! Thank you everyone for all of your love and support!! I hope everyone has an amazing week and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! So grateful for all of you, the chance I get to serve a mission, my family, and the gospel!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
Con amor,
Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment