Monday, November 18, 2013

Go Forward With - FAITH! (week 25)


Howdy yall!! Hope everyone had a fantastic week!!! :) I love you all. Okay so this week I learned A LOT! And I have realized this pattern on my mission. Like and its been the same (about) for the last 7 months. Good week, bad week, good week, bad week. Wait have I mentioned this before?? probably! well if i have, oopsie :) if not... now you know! haha :) So this week wasnt the greatest. But there were some amazing tender mercies and I am just so grateful to be serving a mission. Like EVERYONE should serve a mission!! its the best time ever! its toooooo fun :) even when its hard.
 
So we had Zone Conference this week! I LOVE Zone Conference and I LOVE my mission president. He is exactly who I need and he seriously is just so great and recieves so much revelation from the Lord. its amazing. I learned SO much at Zone Conference though. Like soooooo much. I always leave so uplifted but so overwhelmed at the same time. We talked a lot about gratitude and being grateful for the blessings that we recieve and just for EVERYTHING. And when we are grateful, the Lord gives us more! We also talked about being humble and that Heavenly Fathers grace is a gift. And we must be humble enough to accept that gift and realize that we always need the Lords help. We cant ever do anything on our own and we NEED the Lord 100% of the time!! And we must be humble enough to realize that and ask for his help!! He also gives us weaknesses so that we are forced to rely on Him to be strengthened. And I am so grateful for that. Because of my weaknesses and that I am soooo imperfect and need the Lords help everyday, I rely on him more! So much more! Another thing I have learned is that everything we should do should be out of LOVE. For the people and for the Lord. So awesome. I love learning. :)
 
Okay so after conference, we went to Monique's house in Sugarland because her house got broken into the night before and she was really scared because her husband was out of town. So we went to Lowes with her and helped her with some stuff. Then she took us to the church and ANTONIO WAS THERE. we should have expected it. He is always there :) He is soooo great!! AND HE CAME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY. we taught him a really powerful lesson about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the principles of the gospel. He told us he knows this is true again and he just needed to come to church. And he did!! MIRACLES!!!! We really stressed it to himm on tuesday and he was there. We told him that if this was really important to him, then he would come to church. So if he comes next week he can get baptized next week! Pray for him! He is soooo beyond prepared and so ready and its so awesome :) And we are going to ask president for permission to baptize him in our ward. i hope we get to! it would be sooo much better!
 
So like everyday this week we went out with members which usually is hard to do in the middle of the day. But we found members and had lots of appointments set up. but.... NO ONE was ever home or they were soooo busy!! I seriously hit a low. It was about 3 days in a row that this happened and I was at an absolute low and I just didnt know what to do. I was so discouraged and I had little faith. But I knew I needed to have faith so we went to a tree that was off the bike path friday afternoon and just prayed. We prayed to know where to go. We decided to go to Janies and Eliud was crying and didnt feel well so we were able to help her. Tender mercies. We are going to start praying a whole lot more!!
 
This weekend was busy!! Friday we had the ward thanksgiving activity. TONS OF FOOD. it was the bestttt. lots of different kinds of bavo and papas and just lots of yummy food. The ward is all about food. I thought english mormon wards were about food. Wait till you go to a hispanic ward. soooo great! haha and Carmen Godinez came! She is mad at us and wont let us in but she came! That was awesome!!! Then Saturday night was a ward baptism and again.. more awesome food. I love Texas and I love hispanics. And I got to play the piano for the baptism. I am now like the prelude pianist and occasional relief society and baptism pianist when its one of the like 3 songs i know. One day I will be good at piano.
 
Sunday.. of course antonio came!! And Sunday school was actually really good! Sometimes we worry about our investigators but it was actually really good. And Hermana Mendez brought cheetos with nacho cheese for everyone. ohhhh my. no wonder i am getting so fat! haha! oh well :) but then we had a good lesson with Paula and told her that we recieved confirmation that 7 people would be baptized and we needed her help. that was awesome!!! and then later on we crashed a birthday party of one of our investigators. She fed us hot dog beans and rice and then we just told her happy birthday and left because we felt really awkward in an apartment full of strangers and loud music. I love being a missionary!!!!! hahaha
 
Well I wish I could tell you more but really pray is so powerful and I am so grateful for tender mercies. BE GRATEFUL. and write down miracles that happen every day. Before you go to bed. Then you will be happy :) But really though. its awesome!!! Hope you all have a great week! Love you all so much! Keep the faith :) hasta nunca. until next week!
Con amor,
hermana dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment