Tuesday, November 12, 2013

One Day....I WILL Live In Guatemala!!! (week 24)

So when you are serving a mission in Houston Texas, speaking spanish, where there is sooo much diversity and people from every south american country, you end up loving one type of people more than another. Don't get me wrong. I love ALL hispanics!! But there is just something about Guatemalans.... i LOVE them! They are so humble, sweet, kind, open, and their food is to die for! So the reason for this whole rant about why I love Guatemalans so much is because on Saturday we were able to attend a birthday party with all Guatemalans and it was the funnest party I have ever been to in my life! But I will get to that later because that was later in the week. Okay this week was SO much better than last week! We taught a lot more! And everyday, things just seemed to work out and even if appointments fell through, we found something else to do or someone else to teach! Tuesday, we still had a district meeting because no one in our district was being transferred! We did a church tour training because its something we really need to work on. Getting people to church! So that was really cool. After that we went to visit some investigators with Gabi (greatest member EVER) but absolutely NO ONE was home. I always feel so bad when that happens because the members get so excited and then they dont get to do anything. We seriously tried everyone and everyone was buys or not home. So we went back to Gabi's and just taught her. Then we went to visit a  less active but she wasnt home either. I was so discouraged. After that we just went home for dinner. I didnt even eat. After dinner we went to go see Maria again and she ended up being home! But.... we caught her smoking :( Also, I forgot it was Tuesday which meant that Marias son made food for everyone and everyone was outside and was drunk. Not good! So we just went to Marias and talked to her about smoking and that if she wants to go to the temple, she has to stop! So we are really working with her on that! But then while we were there Gabi called us and I couldnt really hear her on the phone so I told her I would talk to her later. After that appointment with Maria, I was stressed because I didnt know who we were going to go visit. Everyone was busy or wasnt answering. But then Hermana Barrios answered! So we told her we would be at her house in 15 minutes. Then right as I got off the phone Gabi called again and she said that we should come to the church because Antonio was there! He was supposed to be working but got off early! AH! so blessed. Appointments were falling into our hands. So we hurried and taught hermana barrios then booked it to the church. We got there and I was like wait.. what are we gonna teach him? Then I remembered the church tour training and thats what we did! He loved it. And when we were showing him the baptismal font and talking about baptism, he was like " i wonder when it will be my turn..." I said, "whenever you want!" He is so ready. He knows its true. he just has to make the effort to come to church! we are praying so hard for him. 
Wednesday was transfer meeting and I wanted to go so bad. Its just so fun! But we couldnt and the Lord blessed us for our righteous desires. haha :) All of our appointments were there and we taught a lot! We got to teach Elizabeth again! FINALLY! its been 2 weeks!! We taught her the rest of the plan of salvation and talked to her about coming to church. We arent sure her desires but this gospel could really bless her life! please pray for her! Shes so sweet! But then we went to Carmens (less active) and she let us in! She even called her friend Maria and told her to come over because we were going to share a message! We watched the Restoration video and testified of it. We extended baptism to her but she said maybe. She has talked with missionaries before and she is so awesome!!! We have a really good feeling about her! and she already has a friend in the church and that could get carmen to come back too! perfect. 
Thursday we went to a baptism in Missouri City, Hermana Johnsons last area. The spirit was so strong and it was just awesome. Then we ate dinner with Karla and Leonor. It was like the last supper because we have to pass them off to the other sisters tonight :( It felt like Christmas though! they had a wreath on the front door, made us roast, potatoes, and green beans. it was seriously sooooo good!! best dinner ever :)

I am just going to skip to Saturday because I dont remember what happened on Friday. My brain is so full of stuff right now and I cant remember everything. OH! I remember. we taught some former investigators and they are the COOLEST. Its a mom and her 2 daughters and they are so awesome. Amanda is one of the daughters and is so open to it but she works a lot! I feel sooo good about her though! And we talked to Janie about baptism. We just have to wait for Valdo (her bf) to move out so she can get baptized! She is so ready but things have to happen PRONTO. They will though. I have so much faith in her!

Saturday was awesome too. We went and saw Maria and Janie and some other people. Then we had about 1 hour till correlations and a couple people to go see. We tried a less active and she wasnt home but then i was like lets go visit the Morenos. So we went and saw them and the kids were playing  soccer outside. Hermana Moreno was talking to her friend (actually her neighbor). But we saw the kids playing soccer and Hermana Johnson started playing with them. So i went and played too. Hermana's neighbor thought it was so funny and just loved that we were playing. Then correlations got cancelled and I asked Hermana if we could come back at 8 and she looked slyly over at her neighbor then back at me and started talking about something. I was like OKAY! I get the hint!! So we just stayed and talked to her and her neighbor. This is the beginning of my love for Guatemala. Well not the beginning... maybe the middle. Anyways so we talked with her about religion and stuff and she loves what we are doing. Doesnt go to a church but went to a christian church before. We were talking for a little bit then she just offers to feed us on another day! She was like yeah come over anytime and I will feed you! soooo sweet! and she now knows my favorite guatemalan food is fried platanos with black beans and cheese and crema! sooo yummy! :) anyways then she showed us around her apartment. she was soooo cute!! and.. she has 4 CATS! so meant to be. So after we talked to her for a little bit we went home for dinner then went to Marias. She fed all the missionaries in the ward hot chocolate (mexican and soooo good). too fun. then we went back to the Morenos for angels birthday party. We watched Finding Faith in Christ and there were 4 non members there! it was such a miracle. None of them came to church but its okay because they are so getting baptized. Anyways so yeah then
we had cake and sandwiches. Tres Leches cake though. my fav. I just didnt even want to leave that apartment. it was too much fun. But we had to! :( haha

Sunday, JANIE CAME TO CHURCH! finally!! she was sooo excited to get sunday off of work and we were too!! She loved it! And Maria comes to pay her tithing every week. she is such a doll! love that family. I just LOVE missionary work! Its the greatest thing ever and the miracles are just amazing. soooo many!
I know this church is true. Thank you eveyrone for your love and support and i hope yall have an amazing week!! :)
Con amor, Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment