Sunday, January 26, 2014

2014 Already?!?!? (week 31)

hello everyone!! I hope everyone had an AMAZING New Years!!! I literally can not believe that it is already 2014!! Time goes by SO fast. I cant keep up! Our new years was great. Actually it was absolutely AMAZING. I will tell you about it in a minute. But first I just want to share something i learned and studied this week. We are focusing, as a mission, on teaching a powerful restoration lesson. And gaining a personal witness and testimony of each of the principles that we teach. So this week I studied God is our Loving Heavenly Father. And I am not even close to being done!! There is soooooooo much good stuff in there. Everytime i have studied the Restoration (which is ALOT, we teach it ALL the time!) I just read it and briefly study it. But i have started studying it more deeply and its amazing how much I have learned. I have learned about the Restoration, my investigators, and myself. My favorite thing though is a line that says that He weeps with us when we are sad and He rejoices when we do what is right. which just goes to show that we truly have a loving Heavenly Father. Who knows us perfectly and personally. And then i studied Moses 7:26-37. Yall should do it too. Its soooo good. My testimony has grown so much! And I can promise that yours will too :) I think everyone should just get a PMG. ITS AWESOME.
 
Anyways so new years. Okay so we ended our pday normally. we were going to ende it early because we had to be home early but we just decided to end it at the normal time and then keep working a little bit later into the night. So earlier we had looked through our area book to find some formers. We found a paper that had like 4 names on it and it was from when hermana tauteoli and washburn were here! before I got here. So we just decided to go try them. One is named Esau. he is a 13 year old boy and we had tried him before but his parents werent home. We had left him with a restoration pamphlet and told him about the study stuff in the back. He was so sweet! So we went back new years eve and his parents werent home again but we just decided to teach him at the doorstep! AWESOMEST LESSON EVER. he loved all of it AND accepted a date!!! we havent had a date in a while!! it was such a miracle!! this is how it went:
me: "Esau, when you know for yourself that these things are true, will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the priesthood power of God?"
Esau: "yes I will!"
me: "We will be having a baptismal service on the 25th of january. will you prepare to be baptized on that day?"
Esau: "I sure will!!"
SO PREPARED! and he wanted to get started reading the Book of Mormon right away and he said the cutest prayer at the end and then at the end he goes, "did you know the Bible isnt complete?" AHHHHHHHHH no one ever would say that to us!!! so we read in 1 Nephi 13 where it talks about that and it was just so so awesome!!! Such a miracle and a blessing. We have to get permission from his parents to teach him now but he is so prepared and I am so excited for him!! :)
 
Then, to start the year out AWESOME we taught 4 LARCS in one day!!! That's Less actives and recent converts. It was a miracle and super awesome. On thursday we had to be at the chapel for capilla abierta and I got to practice my piano skills because guess what.... I had to play at church yesterday!!!! more to come later...
 
So this week we had Zone Meeting. It was awesome. I learned a lot and we talked about asking for referrals, finding, and teaching powerful Restoration lessons! I love my zone. It is just full of hard working awesome obedient missionaries. After zone meeting we went on exchanges!! I went to the other hermanas area of Houston 9 with Hermana Knopf! It was so much fun!! And we saw an amazing miracle! There is this lady named Clarissa that one of their recent converts OYM'd and she has met with missionaries before and was going to church. They havent been able to find her at home for about 2-3 weeks. We went over there on exchanges and she wasnt home but we tried again and she was!! And she invited us in!!! She told us the whole story. She was going to church and wanted to get baptized but was living with her boyfriend and couldnt get baptized so she stopped going to church. Her kids loved it though!! At that time, her husband didnt want to get a divorce and she wasnt going to stop living with this man. But now, 5 years later, her husband wants to get a divorce and she is still so set on getting baptized and wants to!!! And her daughters LOVE the church and were so excited to get books of mormons and pamphlets to read!! It was seriously such a miracle!! So now all she has to do is get divorced and married and she is good to go!! They are seriously the cutest family!! :)
 
Okay so now for our Sunday yesterday. We get to church and there was no piano player. Elder Evertson from houston 2 has been doing it for us but we switched church times so he was in class. Soo... Elder Dorny tells me to change the hymns to whichever ones I could play and then we would jsut go with it! I was sooooooo nervous!!!! Its so hard to accompany. But... I said the most fervent and brief prayer and asked the Lord to help me do this!! And He did!! I KNOW He answers prayers!! I played fine and I was able to deal with the nerves. I was so grateful for the Lords help because I wouldnt have been able to do it without Him. Now I just gotta learn some new songs to play! I also got to play at the Elders Baptism which was fun! I just love being a missionary!!
 
I hope everyone has an amazing week!! I love you all and thank you so much for your love and support!!! :)j
Con amor,
Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment