Sunday, March 2, 2014

Priesthood Blessings, Miracles and A Baptism!! (week 37)




Oh man what a week!! Lets just say i am completely exhausted!! But its the best feeling ever. Because we worked really hard this week. We have so many great people here in Galveston and there is a lot of work to do. But just to start, I just want to tell yall what a great testimony I have of the restored Priesthood and power of God through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know that it has been restored and is for us. For blessings, ordinances of salvation, and so much more. I love getting priesthood blessings and I know that they are directly from God. I am feeling a lot better about everything and I am happy and grateful to be here in this wonderful area. It took me a few weeks but the more time I spend here, the more I love this area and all the people. It was so hard to leave my old area. They all hold a special special place in my heart! But the Lord needs me here now so I am here and I am working as hard as I can to help these people know of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and all the joy and happiness that it brings :)

So Tuesday was the coldest day of the century. It was cold AND raining. AND i am in a bike area. AND we were just getting over being super sick. So lets just say it was a pretty adventurous day. such a great memories. Luckily, we had a member take us to one of our lessons. So that took about an hour out of riding in the rain. But later in the afternoon, we went to an appointment with Ana and Jonathan and Jonathan told us that his mom ana wasnt home! and the member we had brought with us was a man! BUT... luckily the english sisters were just down the road and since they are in a trio we got one of them to come to the lesson with us. And it was such a great lesson. We had planned on teaching the end of the plan of salvation but it wasnt what he needed. We just talked about the Atonement the whole time. Which was EXACTLY what he needed and the spirit was so strong. Then he came to english class later that night! Which was so awesome! He was so excited to go! But after that lesson we had a dinner appointment. So we get there and we were SOAKING wet. So we changed into clothes that she had at her house and put all our wet clothes in the dryer. I was so grateful for that rain coat you sent me a little while ago mom because it kept me so dry! And then we got a ride to english class. So grateful for awesome members that feel bad for us ;) haha but it was such a great day!

Wednseday we had Zone Conference and it was AMAZING. President and Sister Ashton are so amazing!! I recieved so much revelation and learned so much. We talked a lot about how to study and improving our personal study, so that we can receive more revelation and learn more and get more out of our study time! It was so great! They also talked about have a life vision and deciding things that we want for the future that have to do with our relationship with God, family, marriage, education, and everything so that we leave our missions knowing or having an idea about the future. So that was pretty cool! Then that night the coolest thing happened!! So we taught our investigator Claudia and then we didnt really know where to go but we both felt that we needed to go see a less active name DJ. Well.. DJ wasnt home but his older brother was! We asked him if he had talked to the missionaries before and he said that he has been to church before as well!! So he kinda told us a little about his life and we were able to answer some questions that he had about the Book of Mormon. SO AWESOME. the spirit was so strong!! And we ended up talking about baptism and repentance and he really wants to change his life. the greatest thing was that he just really wants to talk to Jesus and really wants Him to come again. I was like yeah i am with ya on that one!!! But we invited him to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it and he accepted a date! Such a miracle!! 

I dont have much time left but the rest of the week was super great!! Valentines day was so fun!! We had a TON of appointments. My favorite was with our friend Danielys that doesnt believe in God but we are trying to help her build her faith and when we were talking to her and inviting her to pray she started crying. She is the sweetest lady ever!! I love her!!! And we had a lunch appointment and i felt like i was at home with my family!! I had major flashbacks. Then us and the english sisters went to dinner at The Strand. Galveston is so cool.

But here is the best part of the week. ALEX'S BAPTISM! This meant that I got to go back to Houston 9 and see a few people!!! Not many members were there but it was the most tender baptism in the entire world. So Alex is 12 and we found him and his family 9 months ago and we dropped them becasue they werent progressing. But, we found them again about 2 months ago and Alex got baptized this weekend. When he got baptized I just lot it and started crying. Then when he came out and during the musical number and the rest of the service, he was crying because he just felt so good. He is such a special kid and holds a very special place in my heart. He will probably be an apostle someday or something. He is AMAZING and we are bffs. I was balwing too and it was hard to say goodbye. But I am so grateful that he made the decision to be baptized because it will change his life for the better and I know that he can now return to live with his Father in Heaven who loves him so much. And I think he felt that. It was so amazing :) and I am so grateful to be here and serving the Lord and helping people change their lives!!

And then here are the last of the miracles. 4 PEOPLE CAME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY!! It was sooooo awesome!! Claudia came for the first time! FINALLY!! She wasnt feeling very good but she came and its been so long since they have been teaching her and she finally came. Nelson came of course. He comes every week. And then Ana and Jonathan came! And they were early and absolutely LOVED it!! Ana was so excited to go to church and it was because she watched the restoration video and she was like "They have a nice family. and i want that. So i am coming to your church tomorrow! and I am going to read your book." MIRACLES!!! The work is just moving right along here in Galveston!!!

Thank you for all your love and support. Love you all so much! This is the true gospel! The church is so true! Have a great week!!
Con amor,
Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment