Sunday, June 15, 2014

#Because of Him (week 46)

Well... I hope everyone had an AMAZING Easter!! We definitely did! We saw some AMAZING Easter miracles and it was ALL because of Him. This week was kind of all over the place but it was really good! For the most part!! So here is how it went!!
 
Monday:
Crazyyyyyy day. Like every single Monday. I think Mondays are busier than normal proselyting days. We got everything done though and then we left the church and the weather was INSANE. we couldn't even walk! The wind was blowing so hard! Welcome to the island... so we got word from the Zone leaders and if we were on bikes we weren't allowed to go outside because there was going to be lighting. So.. we stayed with the English sisters that night and just went through the area book and made phone calls and set up appointments throughout the week! Then we slept over because we had district meeting the next day anyways so it made the most sense.
 
Tuesday:
We had district meeting. It was Elder Birks' last district meeting!! Its so sad seeing missionaries go home! Makes it seem too real for me. ANYWAYS so then we went back to the sisters apartment and had lunch and dyed Easter Eggs! So fun!! Then we finished studies and got to go visit a ton of awesome people!
 
Wednesday:
So lots of appointments fell through... so we tried to look for people to serve. No one. BUT we did find 2 less actives that we have been trying to contact for a while and I have never even met them in the last 3 months I have been in this area!! It was AWESOME!!! One of them was named Dalby and she has a brother that is a member and lives in Salt Lake! She gave us a tour of her house and showed us a million pictures of her family! It was super duper fun. Then we tried OYMing lots of people and we OYM'd a missionary from another Christian church and she had just gotten done studying. awk... she was really nice though! Then we went to English class with some members and Did exchanges that night with the enligh sisters!
 
Thursday:
Started WAY too early. I had to wake up at 4:15 to get ready to take Sister Vea who went home today to Sugarland for the temple trip. I was literally falling asleep on the way there. Good thing the Lord was protecting us! But then I took Sister Jewett down to Galveston with me for the day on an exchange. She is an English sister so it was a little interesting since she doesn't know Spanish but she is so nice and so sweet!!! I love her! I was so proud of her too because we got fed tamales and 3 FULL tacos and she ate it all. OH YEAH. But we got to teach a lot of fun people and even had the weirdest lesson that started out with us teaching an investigator and ended up with us leaving saying a prayer with just a less active. Missions are crazy!
 
Friday:
We exchanged back that afternoon after studies! Then we did weekly planning and had a dinner appointment with my favorite family! The Canos! Then that night is when everything went downhill. I felt fine until I was getting ready for bed then I just felt SO sick!! So I went straight to bed. Yeah didn't sleep at ALL that night. I was laying in bed awake with my stomach grumbling the entire night.
 
Saturday:
Woke up and I was like yeah cant do it today. I was SO sick. I caught some lame stomach virus. I ALWAYS catch the lame stomach viruses and I am still suffereing from it today. But I was so sick. We were miraculously able to go to 2 of our set appointments though which was AMAZING. One with Alvina who we haven't seen in 3 weeks! And one with the Arrendondos. I knew we needed to go to that so they would come to church for Easter! But the rest of the day I slept! not fun.
 
Sunday:
FULL OF MIRACLES. So I woke up and I was feeling well enough to go to church. So we get there and We had rides lined up for all our investigators to come to church. But we called the Arredondos and their daughter answered the phone and said they had left and wouldn't be back till late that night. I was so sad. Then we were just making phone calls and talking to one of the Elders and he was like, "go wait outside for your investigators." I was like hey.. good idea! So right as we walk outside and wait for 2 seconds, guess who gets out of a blue suburban. THE ARREDONDOS!!! Maria, Hermano, AND Victoria!! Oh my gosh it was the happiest moment of my entire life. We have worked SO hard the last 3 months to get them to come to church and they FINALLY did it! Then our investigator Nelson brought our investigator Cesar and the Canos brought Alvina! It was AMAZING. Then we were sitting in Principios del Evangelio class and the door opens and Luis walks in! He is a less active we have been working with too! We really want him to start coming back to church and then go on a mission! How cool would that be!!! :) So it was just like the most amazing day at church and we were all so happy. I just felt so much pure joy and I knew it was because we put ALL our trust and faith in the Lord. Especially because there was nothing we could do about anything the day before. I am SO grateful for those miracles. Its amazing. Then a member made me really yummy soup because my stomach wasn't feeling well! so nice :)
 
Well that's all for this week! I LOVE MY JOB. this is the time to do the Lords work and I don't want to be anywhere else! Hope you all have a wonderful week!! :)
 
Con amor,
Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment