Sunday, June 15, 2014

Rude People, Tan Lines and Blessings From the Lord! (week 42)

Well i just dont even know where to start with this email... because this week was up there with the craziest and hardest week of my entire mission. This week really pushed me and basically every day I just wanted to go home and sleep and not talk to anyone!! But.. I loved every second of it. I dont know if I would want to relive it... but I loved it!!! I truly learned a lot and gained a stronger testimony of how the Lord is ALWAYS there with us. And i gained a really strong testimony of obedience and even when things get really hard, if we just keep working hard and doing the very best that we can, the Lord will make up for the rest. He really will. I can testify of that!! I just love this gospel so much and I know that it is true and that we have a loving Heavenly Father who knows us perfectly and is so mindful of us every second of the day. :) So alright I guess yall are wondering why this week was hard and great at the same time. So i guess i will tell you. 

I decided not to do a play by play of everyday because that is kinda boring so here are just the main things that happened and how all the peeps are doing here in Galveston!
-Eva: she is doing SO GOOD!! She is progressing soooo well! I cant even believe it. She is so prepared and ready. We taught her the 10 commandments and watched Finding Faith in Christ with her. The day we watched Finding Faith in Christ with her was the hardest day of the week and everyone had just yelled at us and told us they didnt want anything to do with us. So that was a tender mercy and a miracle. Eva cried and said she felt the spirit. She didnt know it was the spirit though so we had to explain to her what it feels like! Which was good. But we asked her about baptism.. well actually about her getting married and she said that her boyfriend wants to get married (which is a big step up!!!) and that it should take about 4-6 months. But I have faith that she can be baptized sooner than that. She is really prepared. I just love her so much and the spirit in that lesson with her was just so strong and I was like "Okay. Its worth it. All the hard times is worth it to have a lesson like that!". We are still working on getting her to church so please pray that she will!!
-Claudia: she is super depressed and sad like all the time!! But we are trying to do everything that we can to help. We went over on Tuesday night to get her a blessing with the Branch President and his first counselor and it was a really beautiful blessing. She said she felt better too. but I think this will just take time! She just needs to put all her faith into action!! I think she is learning something really valuable right now too!
-On Wednesday.. we decided we needed to be talking to more people on the streets. Literally EVERYONE yelled at us or was rude. We tried knocking on a potentials door and his neighbor came out and we tried to talk to her but she said she didnt have time for us. I was seriously riding my bike all day that day... bawling. Just bawling. It was sad. But then later in the week.. we just still tried to talk to people. Because we have to talk to everyone so we did. Even though it was hard! Well not everyone... but we tried! And we actually met some really nice people that have been taught by missionaries before. One night we rode by a family that was out on a walk and the mom smiled at us so big and was soooo nice. I was like uhh.. that NEVER happens! So I turned around to Hermana Villarreal and I was like, "hey we should talk to them!! should we?" and turns out she had had that same thought!! MIRACLE. so we went and talked to them and they were so nice and gave us their address. I was just so happy and grateful. It didnt matter that we hadnt taught that much that day. All that mattered was that we were meeting people with interest and helping them come closer to Christ. 
-On Saturday and Sunday... SISTER MCGRATH CAME BACK. but... only for 2 days. We found out on monday that she was going to finish her mission in Sunnyside and that we were never going to be a trio. So i was stressed because I didnt know the area that well. So she came back on Saturday to  help me find some potentials and people that she knew of in the area since she was there for so long!! When she got there i was just so relieved and so happy. She is so great. And I love her to death. It was so fun being with her for 2 days. And we got to see so many people and we had so much fun! And saw tons of miracles. She has taught me so much about missionary work. All my comps have! So grateful!!
-My new favorite food/snacks are fruits and vegetables with chile. Pinnaple, apples, cucumbers... yeah i am turning more and more mexican everyday!! and i am not ashamed!! Its soooo good!! the food we get here is soooo dang good. :) 
-Susy and Simon!! ahhhh we went and saw them yesterday and earlier this week Susy said she wasnt really interested in getting baptized but yesterday she said that she would let sister mcgrath know when she got baptized and she said "yeah maybe hermana dorian will let you know!" AHHH!!! that made me sooooo excited because that means she has been thinking about it and it could be soon!!! SO AWESOME.

Okay well the work is going great here!! Pray for our investigators and that they can repent and be baptized!! And pray that we can find more people that are prepared :) They are SO out there! I know it!! And I hope you all have a wonderful week. I LOVE this mission!! And I love the gospel. it is so true! Have a great week!!! 

Con amor,
Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment