Sunday, June 15, 2014

Bike Problems, Crazy Talks and Drunk People. What A Week. (week 43)

Okay I am going to try and get all of what happened into this email but i am not sure how well its going to go because this week was so busy and so crazy! I have learned so much though and just learned to rely on the Lord and trust in Him. I LOVE my companion, I LOVE my mission, I LOVE this gospel. Ah this is the greatest time to be on a mission!!!
Okay so I wont waste any time!! 
Monday: We got back from playing volleyball at the church and got all ready to go to our appointments and as I was rolling my bike out, i was like "hmm... it feels weird!". Yeah I looked down and I had a flat tire. Just out of no where!! I was like ahhhhh. yeah flat tire in a bike area. Real fun. Soooo... we drove our bikes to the other sisters apartment to use their bike pump, then went to our appointment. We get out and I was doing the same thing with my bike. Just rolling it along and it had that same feeling as before. Yep. FLAT. great. So I tried to ride on it and I was like yeah right this is so not happening. So  we had 30  minutes to get home so I walked my bike back to our car. I have never walked so fast in my entire life. But we made it home on time!! miracles!!!
Tuesday: We took my bike to the elders so they could fix the tire. Dad... i know you are probably ashamed of me for not fixing it myself. But when you are in a bike area, you dont want it done wrong! I guess I just lacked faith in myself. I will try myself next time ;) but anyways so yeah they fixed it for us! Then we just went about our day. Jessica is our investigator now. I cant remember if I have said anything about her.. but she is AWESOME. really intense but so awesome. I really love her so much. So we went and saw her and she just told us all about her life. But.. we committed her to baptism and she said YES!!!!! we wanted her to get baptized this past weekend but it didnt happen. we had so much faith that it could happen though and worked so hard with her the entire week. But its all in the Lords timing! But then later, we were looking for an address that didnt exist so I stopped and asked a super cute old lady if she knew where it was. She said no but we were able to serve her and help her get her car into her garage so she could close it. She was jewish and said she didnt have interest but it felt good to serve her and she said that we were good representatives of our church. So that was good :) Then we had a Noche de Hogar at Hermana Orellanas house. I was so frustrated though because our investigator, Alvina, didnt come again. But the Rabagos brought really good snacks for afterward. :)
Wednesday: Interviews with President Ashton!! It was awesome. But I went in with it written on my interview paper that my stress level was pretty high and President was like "really? why is it so high" and was like calm down! you are doing fine! gah. He always puts everything into perspective. But it was a good interview. Then we went back to Galveston and had dinner with the Canos and then went to see Jessica, and english class!!! Super fun!! Nelson was there!! I was so happy about that because we are slowly building a relationship with him so that he can trust us because my goal here is to get him baptized. I mean if it is the Lords will of course :)
Thursday: I realized, that I dont like it when people tell us they dont like our church. Thursday night was hard because we went to see some investigators and the lady said she didnt really like our church. I just sat there and I was like "but you dont even know.....". I wanted to cry. She just said it so nicely but I was just so hurt. Because I know this church is true and it can bless her life. But its okay. Just gotta keep moving forward!!!
Friday: I had to take Sister Workinger up to Sugarland for her MLC meeting so I went on an exchange to Alief which is english speaking. But it was just for the day. Thank goodness. Haha I really love being a spanish missionary. But it was fun because I got to be with Sister Williams and Hermana Fisi'iahi!! Such a party. We had a lot of fun. Especially because I am directionally challenged when I drive. Everyone thinks its so funny. But on the way back to Galveston, we stopped at McDonalds to get soda, of course. Its an hour and a half drive! But we got ice cream cones too and when we got to the window to get our stuff, Sister Susu in the back was like "Can you ask him for another cone?" So i said, "Hey can we get another cone?" thinking he was just going to get us a plain cone without ice cream. NOPE! He comes back with a cone and ice cream!! So i was like "oh no we just wanted this cone!! we dont have money to pay for that one!" and he goes "no its fine! just have it!". LIterally I could have asked him for 5 more and he would have given them to us for free!! what??! when does that happen? NEVER. We were dying!!!
Saturday: we biked around like crazy trying to get people to the womens conference with us!!! Jessica came!!! it was awesome!!! But as we were talking to Jessica, we ended up having a really intense crazy talk with her... so we called the elders after because we werent sure what to do. Then as we were stopped on the road trying to call them, this kid comes up to us and was like, "misioneras?" and i go, "yeah!! we are missionaries!!!" and he said that he was a member and his mom too!!! so we went over to meet his mom!! It was like such a surprise!! we also got to meet his really drunk brother that hates the church and his other brother that is indifferent to it. It was cool though!! Kinda a tender mercy after I was a little traumatized from our lesson with jessica. But everything was fine and she came to the conference. which was AMAZING!! I was so uplifted and the spirit was so strong! I am so grateful to be a part of this church.

Sunday: Well... Jessica didnt come to church. But NELSON DID. Okay surprise surprise. He actually comes every week. But we are getting somewhere with him!! He asked us questions about the Sacrament and we were able to teach him a little but for the first time!! yay!!! So basically... i never want to eat mole every again. its not the animal by the way. Its a sauce that hispanics eat with chicken. Anyways we had it at the ward lunch yesterday AND at Alvinas house because it was her birthday. I was so sick. But Rosi came out with us last night and get this. We were waiting for her to meet us at an appointment and she comes up in a truck with this guy! I was like so confused. Then she tells us that she was riding really fast and he offered to give us a ride. Turns out he knows the branch president and wants to meet with us AND lives in our area!!! MIRACLES!!!!
Okay well thats all but i am SO grateful to be a missionary!! Our zone recieved a challenge from President to baptize 2 people a week. Its going to take SO much faith but we have it!!! Keep being awesome everyone. I love you all so much!! Have a great week.
Love, hermana dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment