Sunday, June 15, 2014

Prayer is MAGICAL (week 48)

I think ever since I hit my year mark, every week has been so eventful and FAST. What in the world?! Can it just stop?! I wish. But anyways, this week was full of MIRACLES. Like I am still in shock at all of the miracles that we saw. And we did not do a single thing about any of them. We were just doing our job and being instruments in the Lords hands and He did all the rest. We didnt have an baptisms, but our investigators are really coming closer to Christ in all sorts of ways and it just makes me so happy. To see these people that I love so much come closer to Christ. :) So here is how the week went!

Monday and Tuesday I went on an exchange with Sister Workinger in her area! So I was in english for a day! It was suppperrrrr weird teaching in English. Something I havent done in a really long time. I taught in english in Houston but here, ALL our investigators are purely spanish. Which is awesome. I like it that way. But it was cool being in english too. I enjoyed it a lot. We saw lots of awesome miracles and had some really good lessons! OH! And our lesson monday night with a less active.... she brought out a box of LITTLE BABY KITTENS!!!!!! SOOOOO cute! We died. And took lots of pictures with them. They were so stinking cute. 

Okay skip to Wednesday. We didnt teach very much, but the lessons we had were THE BEST. We first tried a former investigator that we have been trying to see FOREVER. And she let us in! We talked about eternal families and shared the Family Proclamation with her. It was great. Then we were biking around and talked to lots of people that actually came up and talked to us! The first one... cant remember his name. But he was super nice! He was like, "Oh... I didnt know the had girl ones now. Yall arent wearing white shirts and ties". Nope... but we talked to him and he said that he had talked to missionaries before but then got sick of them or something. He said we couldnt come back but that he would take a Family Proclamation to read. :) Then another guy whistled at us to come over so we went over there and he wouldnt let us talk to him either but he asked us if we wanted water. DUH! :) It was great!! Then we were biking by a house that a former investigator lived at and I just felt really strongly that we needed to stop and see if he was home. We had tried before but was never home. But we followed the spirit and HE WAS HOME. It has been a year since he has been taught so we taught him the Restoration and at the end he was like, "Okay so how can I know if these things are true?" WHAT?! No one ever asks that. So we explained that through reading the Book of Mormon and praying that he will recieve that answer! Too bad he is going to El Salvador until the 26th of May. LAME. But i have faith that he will get baptized when he gets back. He is solid! Okay so then that night, we were leaving the apartment from dinner and I all of a sudden remembered that we needed to call Nelson to see if he was coming to the english class. We called and he said YES. So then i was like oh crap!! we need to find a ride!!! We texted some people in the english ward and then set off to our appointment. We werent having any luck. Then I felt like we should text the branch presidents wife and then that we needed to pray. So we did and literally 2 seconds after the prayer, she texted us and said YES! Oh my gosh i was just soooo happy!!! And then we had the most amazing lesson with Nelson!!! It just clicked in his head that he needs to get baptized so that he can recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost. And that if he just keeps coming to church but doesnt get baptized, he wont go anywhere. EXACTLY!!! We have been waiting forever for this to click in his head. He told us he will be baptized soon. And so we invited him to pray about Joseph Smith to know that he was a prophet. It was just sooooo great! Such a miracle!!

Skip to Friday. In the morning, we got a call from a number that wasnt in our phone. I answered and it was a less active that we had gotten as a media referral that we had gone to visit but she said that she was going to a Catholic church and didnt want us to come over. So we gave her the family proclamation and our names and phone number if she ever needed anything. Fast forward one month, she calls us Friday morning. She was just crying!! It was sooo sad. Her husband had just left her and she wanted us to come over with the elders to give her a blessing! They were taking it really hard. So we went over before Zone Meeting to say a prayer with her and then on Saturday we went with the elders to give them blessings. I was just so grateful that she was prompted by the Spirit to call us. And the blessings were beautiful and exactly what they needed. I just felt so much love for her. I felt the love that God has for ALL of His children. It was really cool :) On Friday as well, we went to see the Arredondos. My favorites. I love them so much. Hermano wasnt there so we were able to have a heart to heart with Maria. We talked to her about baptism and she just unloaded on us and told us all that is happening with her family right now. Like everything is going wrong. And so she was a mess. She cried, we cried. All together!! It was so sad. But we promised her blessings from God that if she makes this decision to be baptized right now, that she will be blessed. Her family will be blessed and they will one day be an eternal family. She has sooo much faith and she showed that faith by ACCEPTING A BAPTISMAL DATE!!!! She has not accepted a date the entire time she has been taught which has been almost a year. It was AMAZING. The spirit was so strong and then she prayed and just cried that she would know what to do. She is awesome!! The Lord has truly been preparing her. Then we went over the baptismal interview questions with her and she is so ready and prepared!! It just makes me soooo happy :) 

We had sooo many other miracles happen as well. My testimony of prayer, faith, and following all the promptings of the spirit that we receive has grown so much. I know that if we are doing everything that we can, the Lord does all the rest and He blesses us. This church is so true. I love my job, and I love what I am doing!! I hope yall have a great week!! Thank you for all your love and support :)

Con amor, 
Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment