Sunday, June 15, 2014

"I'm Going To See You On T.V. One Day!" (week 45)

Well hello again all you wonderful people!! I hope yall have had a great um... 4 or 5 days since I emailed last?! Yeah well its been a great 4 or 5 days for us too!! A lot has been going on. Everyday is just crazy busy! And I love it so much. This week, I feel like I received so much personal revelation. From going to the temple and studying and pondering about like everything. Its been amazing. I really love that about my mission. That I have learned how to receive and recognize personal revelation when it comes. And through that skill that I have learned, I have been able to learn sooooo much. I encourage everyone to read Jesus the Christ. Its AMAZING. I try to read it every night before I go to bed and every morning. I am learning so much about my Savior. I also learned a really hard lesson this week about how the people here are so REAL. They are truly Heavenly Fathers children and He loves them so much. We are not hear to force them to do anything, but to love them and invite them to come closer to their Savior and Father in Heaven. They are not a baptismal statistic or a number. 
I realized that there are 3 things I want my investigators to know when I leave my mission or if i leave this area before that time comes. I want them to know:
1. That their Father in Heaven loves them.
2. That I love them.
3. And that this church is true. 
And so everything I do from here on out will be to help them know and understand those three things. I am so grateful to have learned this lesson so I can be a better instrument in the hands of the Lord.
So this week we met a lot of awesome people!! We have been struggling to find new investigators so we focused on that this week. And we definitely found some new investigators!! And these people are AWESOME and I love them already! They may not be like completely ready for baptism right now but I can just tell that they one day will know that these things are true. I just feel so much love for them.
Here's the story to back up the title of this email:
So we were just biking a long and I think trying to get to an investigators house to try her for the 7th time this week. When I am riding my bike, I just kinda look around and say hi to everyone that I see. I looked over and saw this one guy cleaning his golf clubs. INSTANTLY I was like "ah!!! we have to go back and talk to him!!" because we had just kept riding. So we turned around and went to talk to him. I was like "hey!! hows it goin?? I play golf too!!". It was soooo awesome. He was a black guy and his name is Matthew or "skinny". Literally the nicest man I have ever met. He is really baptist and even invited us to his bible study that they have at his church. I was like, "hey we have bible study too!". Definitely invited him to that. Anyways but it was so awesome to just find someone that I could relate to. He asked me if I played in school and I said yes. Hence why he told me he was going to see me on T.V. someday! hahaha probably not but thats okay! I told him I would come back and challenge him to a match. The really cool thing though was that he was telling us what he is studying in the bible and as he was talking, I was thinking about how much he loves the bible and is learning from it and how much more he could learn if he studied the Book of Mormon too! So I got really really excited and started telling him all about the Book of Mormon and how much it could bless his life and so we are going to go back and give him one! :) It made me so happy! Then he told us to leave because he didnt want us riding our bikes in the dark. So nice! But that was just a really cool experience for me. Plus i miss golf so much....
We also had some other really awesome experiences this week. All of our friends (investigators) are doing really great and they are all soooo close!! So please pray for them!! They are so ready though. I am really excited for them and I love them all so much. I am just so happy. So happy to be here. I encourage ALL of you to start studying PMG like we were told to in conference :) Its a great book!! haha
Well i hope yall have an amazing week!!! Keep the faith, work hard, and rely completely and totally on The Lord who knows and loves each of your personally. love you all SO much!
Con amor,
Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment