Sunday, June 15, 2014

Miracle Baptism and Getting Transferred (week 52)

Wow. When i look back on this past week, it just makes me sooo happy. We decided to just work as hard as we could, especially with it being the last week of the transfer. I made some personal goals to be more exactly obedient and work hard. And because of that, we were able to see a lot of miracles! I forgot my planner today though.. so  hopefully I can remember everything that happened. My planner is my BRAIN.
Only the big huge things are standing out in my mind right now! So on Wednesday we had lots of things planned! We were biking along and passed by a lady sitting on her porch. I waved at her and kept biking. Then I got that sick feeling that I should have talked to her and that we should go back. So we did! Her name is Vicki and we talked/ taught her for 30 minutes there on her porch. She said that she was raised Catholic but was going to a Methodist church. But she said that there were things about the Catholic church that she didnt like.. no one says that!!! haha it was great. So we taught her a really short Restoration and she was like, "Well.. all of that just makes sense!" YEAH IT DOES. Ah! I love it when people understand. So we talked a little bit more with her. The English sisters are now teaching her and she came to church yesterday :) My testimony grows everyday of the importance of listening to the Spirit. Listening to EVERY SINGLE prompting of the spirit that we receive.
Friday, I drove Sister Workinger up to her meeting in Sugarland and got to go on an exchange with Hermana Agyin, and Hermana Mishler! It was pretty fun. They are great hermanas! I love all the Hermanas serving here in this mission and I am glad I have gotten to know so many of them. But then that night we called Hermana Villarreal and asked her how their day had been so far and she said that Eloisa had texted our phone and asked if they could meet with us to see if Jessica really was ready for baptism (she had had her interview the night before). So i was of course freaking out!! i was like noooo this cant happen!! So we decided to heart attack their front porch. So much fun. We cut out tons of hearts and wrote messages on them and taped them to their stairs on the porch. Then we texted Eloisa to come out, and we hid. Then she came out and just waited there so we were like okay lets go talk to her!! She was so happy! Jessica was with her dad so she hadnt seen it yet but she knew she was going to love it. We got a text later that night saying that Jessica CRIED when she saw it!!! AHHHH she is the cutest thing in the entire world!! :)
Now to Saturday. Saturday morning it started raining. Not very hard. But then when we got out on our bikes, it started POURING!!!!! Eloisa asked us if we needed a ride and we had her meet us halfway to the appointment. But it was too far and we were COMPLETELY SOAKED. It felt like I was biking through a lake. I couldnt see because my eyes were filling up with water and the streets were like rivers. I actually thought it was super duper fun... :) But then we had a lesson with Eloisa and Jessica and talked about their concerns and she was sooo ready for baptism! That night, she was baptized!! It was a really tender experience. Eloisa cried and they were all so happy. And the branch really stepped up and helped us out with the food so much! So grateful for all of them!!! It was amazing to see how the gospel has changed their lives :)
Sunday.. Jessica was confirmed!! And... THE ARREDONDO's CAME AGAIN!!!!! Ah that was such a miracle. And they LOVED church!!! I hope that they continue to come and that Maria can get baptized soon. But... my time has come. My time to leave Galveston Island. We got transfer calls this morning and I am being transferred!! It's very bitter sweet! The people here are amazing and I love them alot. But I am excited to see what else is in store for me in my mission! I am so sad to leave Hermana Villarreal.. she is AWESOME! But I know she will do a great job taking over the area. We will see on Wednesday where I go! :)
Well I know this church is true. And that through convents is the only way we can return to live with our Father in Heaven again. I know He loves us and answers all our prayers. He is mindful of us and knows us perfectly. :) This is the greatest message ever!!!
Have a great week!
Love, Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment