Sunday, June 15, 2014

OPEN Your Mouth (week 49)

First of all, it was SO AWESOME talking to the family yesterday!!! I love Mothers day!!! :) It really was so good though. I have been blessed with the most amazing family in the entire world. I mean I am pretty biased... but its the truth!!! I was really impressed by Eden's spanish! Second of all, Heavenly Father hears and answers ALL of our prayers!! We were super rushed a few hours ago and I was driving and speeding in a school zone... and got pulled over. Just my luck. So I pulled over and we were all just praying that I wouldnt get a ticket. And Heavenly Father heard our prayers and he just gave me a warning! HALLELUJAH!!!! BLESSINGS!! I love the power of prayer.
Okay so onto the week. We had a really good week!!! Well... there were the ups and downs. It was really hard and a really good week at the same time. In response to the title of this email, I have gained such a strong testimony of "Opening Your Mouth" and talking to EVERYONE. We saw a lot of miracles from it. Everyone might now accept to hear more about our message, but either way, miracles and blessings come. And I know that is true. :)
So to start off the week, Tuesday we were able to see a lot of investigators. And we finally got a member to come out with us in the evening! It was a good and bad day. Maria Arredondo told us that she doesnt want to be baptized. :( I was crying. It just broke my heart and was the hardest thing ever for me to hear someone that a few days before was so excited and ready to be baptized and that I loved and cared for so much, tell me that she didnt want to make that decision in her life that I knew would bring her so much happiness, joy, and comfort that she needed in her life! Especially right now!! Literally i was heartbroken. So we just told her that we love her and that we would give her the time she needed to be prepared and ready. So please keep her in your prayers!
Wednesday we had an AWESOME Zone Conference!! We talked a lot about the Atonement, Family History, and the future. They talked a lot about how so much persecution is coming for the members of the church. And we need to be ready and create the habits of reading the scriptures everyday, praying everyday, going to church, and all those things that are going to help us to overcome the adversary and his temptations. So it just made me think a lot. And I loved talking about family history!! We have been talking about it with everyone now and its been awesome. Going to the temple and doing family history eliminates the influence of satan in our lives. How cool is that?! Definitely going to do more of that in the future! :) But at Zone Conference I made a promise with myself and with the Lord that I was going to start sharing the gospel with EVERYONE! And making that effort to stop and open my mouth! Later that night, we stopped and talked to a man that was interested in the church and we taught him right there as he was watering the trees in his front yard! And it felt so good! I was so much happier because I had the spirit with me. Because i was doing what the Lord wanted me to do!
Okay so fast forward to Friday, we go see an investigator named Sylvia. We had taught her like 5 minute lessons I think twice before. So she really knew nothing. But this time we sat down and she just unloaded on us. It went from her telling us she was really catholic to how she is so scared of the world and all the bad that there is, to how she wants more in her life to come closer to God. She said, "I go to the Catholic church every sunday but just for an hour! I need more than that!" I was like WHAT?!?!?!!? So I told her that we go to church for 3 hours, we apply what we learn at church, and we are a big family there! SHE WAS STOKED!!! For reals. I have never seen anyone so excited about 3 hour church. Pretty sure I have never been so excited for 3 hour church. It was insane! She was sooo happy too. This gospel just brings pure happiness. :)
Now to Saturday. Probably the greatest day of my entire mission. We had an appointment in the morning with that less active Eloisa that called us last week! I was supppperrr excited for this lesson. So we get there and they were waiting for us and they were so happy that we were there! Eloisa then tells us how happy her 10 year old daughter Jessica was when we left last week. So we had prepared a Plan of Salvation lesson for them. We just felt like that was what they needed to hear especially at this time in their lives. It ended up being the most powerful and spiritual lesson I have ever taught on my mission. The spirit was so strong! I cant even explain the feelings I felt in that 40 minute time period that we were there. At the end when we were talking about the Celestial Kingdom, I asked them what makes them the most happy. And then I asked them to imagine that feeling forever! And thats what it will be like in the Celestial Kingdom. She was crying, I was crying, it was just so awesome! It really hit them and they just understood. Eloisa then told us that Jessica wants to be baptized and I could just see evidence of how this gospel just brings true happiness and joy. Nothing that the world can provide. Its amazing. Well then the lesson had to end and we left. I was sooo happy. Then we get a call from Eloisa and she asked if we could come over in an hour and eat lunch with them. YEAH!! Jessica loved having us over and asked if we could come over for lunch. She was also suppperrr excited that we left 2 Books of Mormon for them!! :) ahhhhh my heart melted. They are AWESOME. Then they came to the church activity that night AND came to church yesterday!!!! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. I love the joy that this gospel brings into peoples lives and getting to be a part of it. I know this church is true. And miracles happen around us everyday.
Well, I hope everyone had an amazing mothers day!! And that everyone has a great week this week!!! :) Keep the faith!
Con amor,
Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment