Sunday, June 15, 2014

1 Year!? What!? NOT Going Home....:) (week 44)

Hello Everyone!!! sorry i am emailing so late! We changed our P-Day to today so that we could go to the TEMPLE! Ahh it was so awesome and exactly what I needed. We went with another district in the zone and it was so much fun. I am so grateful to have a temple so close. It is such a blessing. You know what else is a blessing?? Being a missionary, and.. GENERAL CONFERENCE. Holy cow that was such an amazing conference!! The spirit was so strong. And after... it was like the day after Christmas. So sad. But I am excited to use all the counsel I recieved and apply it to my life! yay! :)
 
Okay so again i dont have much time. But this week again was full of so many miracles. It was so crazy busy though!! We did so much and there was never any down time!! But i like it that way!! Makes me happy knowing we are doing so much to help move the work of the Lord along :) So here are some highlights from the week:
 
  • Zone Conference. SO AWESOME. Our zone recieved that assignment to baptize 2 people a week. So in Zone conference we talked a lot about what we need to do to baptize and I left from that conference with SO MUCH more faith than before!! It was really so great. I have a great zone! That faith carried through the whole week because through that faith we saw so many miracles!
  • Role plays. I LOVE role playing. At the beginning of my mission I HATED role playing with a passion. But, recently i have really found the blessings that come from role playing. Especially role playing for revelation. We just do it in english and ask questions that we wouldnt really ask in person. Which then helps us to know more what their needs are through the spirit. We did that for a few of our investigators this week and the revelation we recieved was spot on. Especially with Nelson. We role played and found out some needs and then we read through his teaching record and his needs were exactly the ones that we recieved. SO COOL. Then we had a good lesson with him! And with Ana!! We found out that she just needed to have the desires to change. So we then had a lesson with her about faith and desires and... SHE IS NOW PROGRESSING! She hasnt been able to come to church because of work but we promised her blessings from keeping ALL of Gods commandments and she wanted us to teach them all to her right there so that she would know what she needed to do. She is SO awesome and i truly love her so much!! I really hope that she can get baptized soon!
  • Heavenly's funeral. So Jessica's baby Heavenly who was 4 months old passed away a few weeks ago and her funeral was this week. I love that girl so much and it was hard seeing her suffer so much at her funeral. She was sitting over the casket at the burial just sobbing. We were all crying with her. It made me so grateful for the gospel in my life, and knowing without a doubt that families can be together forever and that I can be with any of my family members again if somethere were to happen. And its given us a great opportunity to share with her how she will be with Heavenly again if she keeps all the commandments and gets baptized and makes that covenant with God!!! :) She is progressing slowly. Keep her in your prayers!!
  • FINDING. okayyy so this week we just found lots of people that we havent been able to get in contact with FOREVER. like Eddy(who now has a baptismal date!), Armondo, Cesar (actually he is a new), and a less active!! It was just so cool. And we have just been seeing miracle after miracle and it kind of blows my mind. And we will feel like we need to go somewhere but for a different reason than what the Lord wanted. We were able to find people by trying other people. Does that make sense? Haha probably not but it was super duper awesome! I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK. And i LOVE this gospel!!!
  • GENERAL CONFERENCE. My favorite talk was I think Elder Holland. It was just so awesome! And I think it meant a lot to me because I am a missionary and I get rejected like every single day and its like real hard. But its cool right? I just have to love them and be kind. Hermana Villarreal the other day almost did the funniest thing. So we were riding our bikes by a group of guys and one says, "hey beautiful!" and of course we just ignored them and kept riding. But we stopped and she goes, "It took all of my willpower to not say 'hey ugly..'" HAHAHAHAH she is so funny. Trying to tame her down a bit ;) she is really so great! we are having a great time. But I just loved Elder Hollands counsel. And I am going to try and love those that even reject us. I just get so sad because they dont know what they are missing!!! Everyone wants happiness right?....
 
Well... thats all I got. I  hope yall had a great week! I cant believe time has gone by so fast!!! I hit my 1 year mark tomorrow!!! eeeekkkkkk... hate it. Not going home. Well.. I never want to go home!! This is just too much fun!! Hope everyone has a great week. I love you all and thank you so much for all your love and support!! :) stay jolly!
Con amor,
Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment