Monday, August 19, 2013

BIG NEWS (week 13)


Well it literally amazes me how fast the weeks go by sometimes.  Mission life is just absolutely crazy and busy. Especially this last week!! Sooo... on Monday we got transfer calls. My companion and I didnt get transfered BUT we were supposed to go to transfer meeting! which was weird. we were going to either get a new companion, get our car taken away, or have Hermana Tauteoli bear her testimony at the meeting because this is her last 6 weeks in the mission. TRY and guess what happened. CAR is GONE and Hermana Tauteoli had to bear her testimony. bahahah YEP. I am now in a bike area!! In AUGUST...in TEXAS... Its so great. But really I love it. We come home so exhausted a tired everynight and so sweaty and ugly but I love it. Its so nice not having to worry about washing the car or miles or anything. You guys seriously would laugh your faces off if you saw me. Especially this morning! We had to ride our bikes to the Washeteria with our laundry stuffed in our backpacks and hanging off our handlebars. and the washeteria is across a busy road. Soooooo funny. We fit right in with the people here in Houston. I just feel so self reliant and so independent. Its great. I never would have done that before the mission huh? Missions change people ;)
Anyways, so then on Wednesday was transfer meeting. It was really fun to see all the other missionaries there. So afterwards we got dropped off at our apartment and got ready to go to our citas. On our way to a cita with a lady named Alba that we had found the day before, we rode right by her!! And guess what she did?! Hid her face so we couldnt see that it was her. ohhhhh my i was so upset! she was so legit and seemed to interested! But lately in our district and in a lot of our areas, we arent seeing any success with investigators. Or i guess the old ways of finding. Such as talking to people on the streets or knocking on doors. The work is changing so much here in my mission. The mission president wants us to focus on our members right now. He says we should fill our days with visiting members and then find through them! So i guess Alba just wasnt ready! So then later that night.. oh my weirdest thing ever happened. So we go to teach our recent converts, Eslendy and Eliud. When we got there we called the Elders to see if they could come help us fix our brakes on our bikes because they were totally loose and just not working well. So the Elders came over to help us and while they were doing that Bruno, Elsendy and Eliuds uncle, just sat on a bunch across from us and just stared. And he was talking to the Elders a little bit too. Then after the Elders left, he came over and asked me if I needed help locking up my bike. I was like "uhh..... sure?" so he grabs my lock and just locks it up for me. weird. THEN he had to come into their apartment with us because there were no other adults. He came in and sat on the couch and was ready to listen to our lesson. This has NEVER happened before. he is always too drunk to even remember who he is. so we were like umm.. ok? and just went on with our lesson! we were reading some scriptures and I looked up and Bruno was sitting there STARING at me!! It was sooo weird!! and then to top it off he proceeds to tell me that he could get me a sloth because the girls told him that is my favorite animal. what the random?? The people here in Texas. haha such a weird day. Then on thursday we had planning and visited with an awesome family in our ward! they are struggling so we try to visit them a lot!! We talked to the 2 girls Claudia and Liz about missions. They both have been thinking about going so we assured them that it would bless their lives and make them so much happier!! I hope they still decide to go. It would bless their family sooo much!!
Okay now this is the greatest thing that happened this week. So thursday  night we were planning and we had no idea what to teach our members the next day! So we thought about it and we decided to show a mormon message about the book of mormon to the first member ( who is less active) and then watch Finding Faith in Christ with the other member. When we showed up to both appointments and just talked to them, we realized that what we had planned to teach them the night before with the help of the Lord and his guidance, was EXACTLY what they needed to hear and really got them to think. The spirit was so incredibly strong in both those lessons! And even though the rest of the day didnt go so well, that made up for it. The power of the spirit was so strong.. I dont think i have ever felt it so strong in my life. I just love this gospel so much. I can already see my mission changing me. I have never been so close to my father in heaven as I am right now. The rest of the week was super stressful and we had to work really hard. Hermana Green, Hermana Tauteolis old companion, came to visit us and went out with us teaching. Sooo fun!!
So this transfer, we are doing an ayuno de ingles. English fast. And we are supposed to speak spanish alllll the time no matter what. The first one we did was really hard for me but this one has been a lot better. The thing with spanish is you can tell when you say something wrong. So this time its easier for me to just talk and correct myself because I know what sounds wrong. I really do love spanish. Its a fun language. And I know that the gift of tongues is real. I have experienced it sooo many times on my mission. This week i was studying a lot about prayer. And I am so grateful for the power of prayer. Sometimes we feel like Heavenly Father doesnt hear or answer our prayers. I have felt like that many times on my mission. But I KNOW that He does! We just need to have faith. And move forward with faith. I love this gospel. Share it with everyone!! Thank you all for your love and support. Have a great week!!
Con mucho amor!!
Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment