Sunday, September 15, 2013

When In Doubt-Watch Legacy (week 14)


So I hope everyone had an amazing week this past week!! This week was a slow week but it was really great! So Tuesday we had Zone Meeting which was great. Its always great!! I am so blessed to be serving with such great and hardworking missionaries in the best mission ever. Anyways so we talked about applying the trainings we have recieved this past week.  Then we had planned to get dropped off at a members home kinda far away to serve her. We got there and she wasnt there. WHAT A BUST. So we visited another member that lived close and talked to her for a little bit. Then we went back and she was there but she was going to pick up her daughter from school and said we could serve her when she got back and she really wanted us to go with her so we did. She is really struggling and needed someone to talk to and she always spills her guts to us. We are happy to help her in any way we can but sometimes its hard. We think something is wrong but we arent sure. We just try to be there for her!! So we got back and she said she didnt need service. Uhh.. okay? So yep, we had to back all the way back to our apartment in the RAIN! hahaha and my tire was a little flat. What an adventure! haha and we had to book it back so we could make it to our appointment with our investigator! I am pretty sure we didnt get a chance to teach her.. then we didnt have anywhere to go but we tried to visit some people and helped a girl take groceries to her apartment. Then that night we did exchanges. I went to Houston 2 with Hermana Hogan from the MTC! I love that hermana! I even got to meet her before the MTC so its been fun serving with her! We had a good day and i got to be in a car again :) yay! haha it was an awesome day! then i got back to my area wednesday night and hermana tauteoli said that all the people they visited were like "where is hermana dorian??" even our less actives mom that i didnt think liked me very much!! and hermana tauteoli told them all i went home! what a weirdo... hahaha! and they were all so sad. I was almost crying when she was telling me this because i just love all the people in my area soooo much!! The members are amazing and our recent converts are so great! I have SO much love for them! And that night I hit that point in my mission where I was praying and I said, "Heavenly Father I dont want to go home!! i want to stay here forever!" Its true. I just want to be a missionary forever! I love the people here with all my heart and soul and I love my Father in Heaven so much. And I love this opportunity that I have to serve a mission and learn things I never would have learned elsewhere. I know this is where I need to be. And I am not going anywhere! ;)
So the rest of the week we were in the apartment for most of the day. Hermana Tauteoli ate a bowl of red meat on our exchange and she cant eat it or she gets really really sick!! It attacks her joints! So we were in the apartment most of the day till Sunday! poor thing!! but we were able to go out a little bit which was nice. Sunday was awesome!!! Janie finally came to all 3 hours of church and loved it!! She was even participating in class. She really is the best and such a miracle!! If you all would keep her in your prayers that would be amazing! :) But after church we finished our studies and then went to visit a couple less actives and Janie! We got to teach Karla, la familia Moreno, and Janie! And they were all such great lessons!! Except we didnt have time to teach Janie. But all of our lessons were so great! And Karla told me my spanish is getting a lot better. HALLELUJAH! I really hope so!! haha i love spanish. But then Monday, was a holiday. But we had district meeting and then visited our recent converts. Maria is doing great and she is ready to start fasting and paying her tithing! Such a miracle!! I love her so much!!! And we got to teach Janie about keeping the sabbath day holy which they struggle with and she committed to keep it!! So we will see how that goes :) She just gets everything and its amazing.
So this week i studied the story of the brother of jared. Everyone should go back and read Ether 2 and 3. So amazing. I learned so much and its amazing to see how the brother of jared at first didnt have much faith!! and he asked the Lord to do things for him!! but the Lord answered him with questions and made him go figure it out himself then report back. Which is what he did! And then because he came back to the Lord with so much faith, he was able to have the veil removed. I absolutely LOVE his story and I learned a lot from studying it again. I know that this is the true church. And I know that it has been restored again and we again have the power and authority of God. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live and they hear and answer every single one of our prayers. I hope you all have a wonderful week! :)
Love you all and thank you for all your love and support!
Con amor,
Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment