Monday, September 30, 2013

I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD (week 16)


Oh my wow! this week was seriously the craziest! I honestly don't even know where it went. Couldn't tell ya! I feel like just yesterday was PDAY. But this week was great!! And of course soo much went on so I will try and remember everything!! So last Monday, after P-day we went to go teach Janie. She wasn't there but her brother, who is also our investigator Jose who just got out of jail was there. So we got to teach him. He has met with missionaries before and has a Book of Mormon. So we started talking to him answering his questions. It was such a great lesson and the spirit was really strong and we were able to answer some of his questions with scriptures! We asked him to be baptized but he said no. Why? Because he knows who he is and he doesn't want to get baptized then go and do bad things and give the church a bad name. But he wants to change his life because he doesn't like the life he had before. He is kinda crazy and he told us all the crazy things he has done in the past. Okay not all of them but some of the things he would do with his siblings. So we invited him to read and pray specifically to know that these things are true!! We have had one other lesson with him since then and again he turned down a baptismal invitation. But he is reading and praying which is great!! So then on Tuesday we had district meeting. And I had to give a talk. In Spanish. What a bust. haha it went great though!! I love my district so much! We all have so much fun and laugh a lot and its great!! So then after that we got to go do some service for Janie! She moved apartments in the same complex so we packed up her kitchen and took down all the stuff from the walls to get a head start! Then on Wednesday we had exchanges. I went to H 9 W which is the other sisters area in our ward/district. I have been there lots before so it was fun!! I was with Hermana Knopf for the day and this is her first transfer. So I got to really use my Spanish. And I realized I know a lot more than I thought I did. haha I love that realization that I know a lot more!! Its really coming. And it's so fun speaking a different language!! But anyways so we tried to visit some people and they weren't there. Then we went to get bug spray because we were dying. The store didn't have any!! lammeeeeee. so we got eaten alive. alright that's cool. haha we went and talked to some less actives though! super cool and this guy, eliassar, told us this story about when he got saved by a "servant of God" aka THOR. He said this guy that saved him was REAL big. It was the funniest thing ever! gotta love Hispanics. They sure can talk!! But then we went to get the car from my companion and went to teach our bishops family the restoration! And as we were sitting there eating pie, the elders in Houston 1 (our bishop lives in Houston 1 boundaries) walk in!! it was a bit awkward. but it was funny! they are awesome elders! after our lesson with them, we had a meeting with the ward mission leader and his ayudantes. then we had a noche mormona at a members house with an investigator! The spirit was way strong in that lesson too! It was awesome. Then we switched back comps!! Thursday, we had weekly planning! fun. then did some service for Janie again! Then we had a noche Mormona with members in our area and we just ended up teaching the members because no investigators came. oh well... stuff happens. We helped Janie move some more after that. We did a lot of service this week.
Friday was the best. Fridays are my favorite days! We had studies then our apartment got inspected. Then we went to go help Janie clean some more. After that we went to go visit Monique in Sugarland. Her husband just had surgery so we taught both of them. We watched "Only a Stonecutter" and it really touched them and Leo wants to share it with his boss. They are so awesome and once again the spriti was so strong and it was just a wonderful feeling in that home. Then, we had a relief society party! It was for a members baptism but also a going away party for Hermana Tauteoli!! She is leaving me! NEXT TUESDAY. man... im gonna miss that girl. She's my crazy tongan!! ;) But it was a way fun party. LOTS of food. I'm tellin ya... Hispanics know how to party!! :)
Saturday, we went and visit Hermana Paula and everytime we go over there we end up talking about marriage because she really wants to get married. Shes really cute! Then we went and played a game with our recent converts Eslendy and Eliud! Mom. you will be happy to hear we played that, "DONT EAT JACK" game! sooo fun! and we related it to a million different doctrinal things. so fun! Then after that we went over to marias. And GET THIS. She sells food Friday nights and we got there and she told us she hadn't sold much food the night before. So Hermana Tauteoli asked her how much she sells floutas for and she said $7 for a plate of 6 floutas.  So yep. We bought some!!! SOOOO WORTH IT!!! I was really worried I wasn't going to be able to eat 6 floutas though. I had just been fed at Hermana Paulas, and then at Eslendy and Eliuds, and then I was supposed to eat 6 floutas??? well... I DID IT. I honestly cant tell you where they went because I was really full to start with. but I scarfed those things down. they are sooo yummy!!! So anyways, then we had correlations and just went to go visit a bunch of people. It was a good night.
Then GET THIS again!! Yesterday, the Primary President was running around kinda freaking out at church because she didn't have a piano player for the practice they were having last night at the church. She was standing there talking to us and out it comes from my mouth, "Yo puedo!" (I can). WHAT? Did I just volunteer myself to play the piano??? Yes I sure did! So I went and practiced for 2 hours. I played a little bit for the practice but got so nervous that I couldn't play much! But its okay. I am developing my talents and I am determined to play better at the end of my mission! hahahaha what a bust.
Anyways this week was really great. I really just love my mission soooo much and I feel so blessed to be serving my Heavenly Father and helping his work move forward. I read a really cool talk this week in the May Conference issue Ensign titled "Its a Miracle". Everyone should read it. But one line he says is "faith overcame doubt". Lets let our faith overcome our doubts. Don't ever lose faith in the Lord. I love you all sooo much!! thank you for your love and support!!!
Love, Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment