Monday, September 30, 2013

A Concussion? Perfect. (week 17)


Okay so this past week was sooo insanely crazy. well, they all are but this past one ESPECIALLY was. Hermana Tauteoli left the mission field and went into the mission home yesterday. I didnt realize how hard it was going to be to say goodbye to her till we were driving away. I was seriously so blessed to have her as a companion, and as my trainer. She taught me so much and the missionary I am today is partly because of her and her example. But I know the Lord has big plans for her. I will be taking over the area and getting a new companion tomorrow! So exciting! :)
So this week started out really good. We had district meeting on Tuesday which was awesome and the spirit was really strong. We talked a lot about what we could do to be baptizing weekly and to be working hard. We talked about how numbers dont matter and as long as we are doing what we are supposed to, then everything else will fall into place. It was just so great! And then I played Silent Night as the closing song while the whole district stood around the piano. Seriously we have the weirdest district in the whole mission. I love it. So then later that night kinda turned the whole week around. We were at the church making Chocoflan. Which is SOOOOOOO good!! Its flan with chocolate cake on the bottom. To DIE for! But anyways I was standing in the hall talking to one of the youth and she had my backpack. I was trying to get it from her and I think I laughed and threw my head back right as the relief society president swung the door open! And WHACK.... that door hit my head so hard that everyone in the hall heard it and gasped. Everyone was like "Why didnt you faint?!?!" or "How many fingers am I holding up?!".... haha it was so painful. Then I had to bike home in the dark. What a fat bust. I went home and crawled right into bed I was in so much pain. And  I was so out of it and asking really weird questions. Basically the rest of the week was a blur.. I have been sick since then and its just been miserable! But i am starting to feel better so I hope nothing serious happened!
So Janie ACCEPTED A DATE! She has had a date before but then we realized she had a really big law of chastity problem! So then she didnt have a date for a while because we were trying to figure things out. We reextended the19th of October to her and she accepted. She is so ready to be baptized!! And she is willing to do whatever she needs to to get a divorce and get baptized. She is so solid!! I love her so much. She has done so much for us and we just love her to pieces! We also have an investigator, Leonor, and she fed us on Wednesday night. Definitely made Hermana Tauteoli and I SUPER sick. hahahaha and then we taught her the restoration. She knows a lot! But when we extended a date to her, she started crying and explained to us that she wants to be completely sure before she commits to anything! So we are praying really hard for her!! She is so great! Love her.
There is a lot of stuff going on in our ward and we REALLY need to have more unity, love, and charity within the members. So we are trying to set up activities every week that the members can attend and invite friends to! This week we had a movie night! It was tons of fun. We got a popcorn machine from a member and made popcorn! Everyone LOVED it. We watched The Testaments. haha it was such a good start to what we are wanting to do with the ward! I really am so grateful to be serving in my area. Its perfect and the Lord knew I needed to be here. I was in Houston 4 while Hermana Tauteoli was with all the departing missionaries at the temple and I just started bawling while I was praying because I dont want to serve anywhere else. This place and the people are so special to me! I love being a missionary more than anything!!!
So as I said before, Hermana Tauteoli went home. So what happens Sunday night? We get fed 3 TIMES IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!! First we went to Moniques and she fed us Peruvian food. Then we went to Janies because Eslendy made us hot wings, mashed potatoes, and macaroni. Then we went to the Diaz's and they fed us the spiciest food ever! Haha it was sooo fun but i was so sick! more sick than i was already!
It was quite the interesting and busy week. One thing that I learned this week was about testimonies. They are so powerful. Each time we bear our testimonies, we are forgiven of our sins.  D & C 62: 3, 84:61. When I read those scriptures it really stood out to me that we need to ALWAYS be bearing our testimonies. Whether it be with words or with our examples. Because the Lord rejoices when we do. I know that this church is true and that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live. And the temple is so special. We got to go today and it was amazing :) LOVE my life!!!!
I love you all so much and thank you for your wonderful examples, love, and support!!!! Hope you all have a great week!!!
Con Amor, Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment