Monday, October 7, 2013

I LOVE This Work!!! (week 18)


Okay so again craziest week ever... and i mean that. I dont think I have ever been so exhausted in my whole entire life!!! But this week was really great! It was so hard, and I feel like my faith is really being tested but it happens! And even though it was hard, there were sooo many great things that happened!! Okay so to start, after P-Day on Tuesday, we went to try and visit a few people and then I asked Hermana Cardoza and Hermana Hogan if we could go stop by the church because the young women in my ward were making dinner for all the missionaries. So we went and the minute we walked in I saw Eslendy and Eliud there helping out and having sooo much fun!! And then guess who else I saw? Alejandra!!! Alejandra is Eslendy's friend and she lives right across from them! Alejandra has a terrible living situation and its really hard to see. You can just tell that she has had a really hard childhood and has gotten into trouble because of it and its so sad and just breaks my heart!! But she was there!!! And she LOVED the activity!! She made friends with all the girls and looked sooo happy. Ive NEVER seen her that happy before! :) My heart was soooo full of just love and gratitude and joy and every other possible happy feeling there is in this world. It was incredible. Then all the young women got up and each said something about the work we do and how they are grateful for us and to hear your recent converts get up and say why they are grateful for the missionaries is so wonderful. I even got all teary eyed! SO sweet!! I just love them soooo much!!!
So then on Wednesday, we got up and did some studies and then had to clean my whole apartment for my new companion to arrive. I was sooo stressed. I had no idea who I was gonna get. My hands were numb and shaky. haha! talk about dramatic and lame. But like the companion you have can make or break the work in the area! for reals! So after we cleaned we were off to transfer meeting!! So while we were driving there, there was a missionary car in front of us. Hermana Hogan says "Thats your new companion!" I was like "Thats probably not anyone I know because I dont know anyone with that car!" haha so we get to the mission office and it happened to be Hermana Johnson's car. She gets out and I asked her if she was the one getting transferred. She said yes and I was like "You are sooo coming to me!!!" so we get a little bit through transfer meeting and our mission president does it where like he makes a powerpoint of all the areas that are changing and puts the peoples pictures up! haha so funny. he gets a huge kick out of it and just sits there with a goofy smile on his face. sooo funny. anyways so then my area pops up and my picture pops up. then my new companions picture pops up and guess who. HERMANA JOHNSON!!! How did I know?! I will tell you... i am basically psychic. Like really! I knew Hermana Tauteoli was going to be my trainer and I knew Hermana Johnson was going to be my companion. Its seriously sooo crazy and I feel like we are just on this long exchange. But no! We are companions! So crazy. I love her already! She really is so great and she has progressed so much and we are going to have so much fun :)
So taking over an area is probably the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Especially when it is really small and we dont have many people to teach right now. But we are doing our best and I know we are going to find lots of awesome people soon. This week we are going to focus on serving people. Throwing on our service clothes and finding people to serve. It's going to be so wonderful. I love doing service. But this week we found a new!! His name is Antonio and he is the friend of our most solid member, Gabby. She met him at school and invited him to listen to the missionaries! The lesson we had with him was so amazing! We taught him the Restoration and he has SO many questions but everything we know about the gospel can answer every single one of his questions. He is so sincere and just really wants to know the truth. He has been reading the Book of Mormon and knows that it is true. SOOOOOO AWESOME!! but its the saddest story because we have to turn him over to other missionaries since he doesnt live in our ward boundaries :( But its okay! I know there are prepared people out there!!
Basically the Relief Society Conference was the greatest thing ever. Especially since I was having a really rough day that day and satan was attacking me sooo hard and i just didnt know what to do. But everything they said at the conference was exactly what I needed to hear and it got me soo excited for General Conference this weekend. I cant believe its here!! SO EXCITED!!
Well I know this church is true. And I know that the Lord loves each and every one of us so much and he just wants us to be happy! So we are helping others to be happy!!! I love you all so much and thank you for all your love and support!!! Thank you for everything! I would LOVE to hear from you all! Hope yall have a great week :)
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment