Sunday, October 27, 2013

Mud Isn't a Good Accessory As A Missionary (week 20)

I just wish that I could hook up my brain to some kind of a machine and record everything that happened in a day and then I would just send that. I wish I could remember everything that happened but I cant. Lamesauce. But I will try my best!! It was a good week though. Hard, but really good!

So.. Monday night after P-day we went to go try a few people! We got in to see Karla and Leonor though!! that was awesome!!! We watched a Mormon Message about the Atonement. Then we had to tell them that we couldnt go over for dinner Wednesday night because we were going to have a noche mormona so we told them we could come over the next night and eat. Then we saw the Morenos and talked to Hermana Moreno about Angels baptism! He is the cutest 8 year old and is getting baptizednext Sunday :)
Tuesday, we were having comp study and we decided we should probably have dinner with Leonor on Friday because Karla wouldnt be there and we might get more out of Leonor. So we called Karla and told her and when we got off the phone I felt terrible because she sounded so sad! So we prayed about it because we didnt know what to do. After we prayed, we decided we should just go that night so Karla could be there. So we basically played phone tag all day and finally set it up again for that night. So anyways we didnt have much to do because no one is home at 12 in the afternoon most days because everyone and their grandma works. But we did decide to go see Carmen, our less active we havent seen in forever! She says she wants to come back to church but she didnt come yesterday! So we will see what happens. Please pray for her! So then we went and just rode our bikes around the houses by Carmens apartment. We talked to a few people. One who was agnostic and worships nature, a christian who realized talking to us that he needs to start going back to church, and an indian lady that worships fire but has mormon relatives. And that is why I love Houston so much! haha the agnostic said that he had a better chance of converting us than we did of converting him. hmmm.... interesting. DOUBT IT!!! We have the Lord on our side and the true church! He will soon realize one day. Then later in the day we had dinner with Karla and Leonor. Where we ate pizza and the spiciest hot wings and then of course I touch my eye after eating a hot wing. But it was so amazing though that the Lord prompted us to go there that night because Karla spilled to us that her "boyfriend" cheated on her. That is a good thing though because she is still married to the guy she is separated from! She was living in sin and now she's not! We told her that this is good and she needs to change her life and go to church. We were bold but its because we love her so much!!! Pray for her too!! 
So then on Friday we had Zone Conference with Elder Golden of the Seventy! He is sooo cool. Him and his wife are great! He is a really reverent man and we were told to be very reverent too so that he would teach us more doctrine. And he did! I really learned sooo much! i dont have time to write it all but i learned a lot about baptizing and how to help strengthen weak wards which is what we have to be doing with our ward right now!!! I recieved a lot of revelation and it was just awesome!! I also had to bear my testimony in the meeting! nerve racking!! but it was alright. I know this church is true and I love bearing my testimony to people everyday. 
Okay one more miracle and then I have to get off!! But this week we invited a ton of people to church! Especially Janie! She hasnt come in 3 weeks because of work!! So yesterday morning we walked outside and it was rainy. I was like nooooo! Because Janie doesnt like driving in the rain because she had a sister that died in a car accident in the rain. I was for sure she wasnt going to come but we hadnt gotten a text yet. So we were waiting at the church and I was praying SO hard that she would come because she is Marias ride! And Eslendy and Eliud and Maria needed to be at church! So i just asked the Lord to give me the faith I needed!! And after the opening song I looked over at the door and I saw Maria!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! that meant that all of them were there!!! It was such a miracle and sooooo great!!!! We were so excited!!! Now we just gotta get everyone else to church because church is so powerful and its a commandment!!
I love this gospel and I love this work!!! I love you all and hope yall have a great week!!!
Con amor,
Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment