Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Best Week On The Mission So Far! (week 8)


Its almost impossible to put into words the love that I have for my Heavenly Father and for my Savior Jesus Christ right now!! My heart is so full of thanks for the miracles that I have seen the past week and for how much I have seen the Lords hand in my life lately. This work is truly Gods work and it is marvelous!! Truly truly MARVELOUS! So this week started out with interviews with President Ashton! He is the most amazing mission president ever. I am so grateful to have him as my mission president. He is exactly what I needed. He is so close and in tune with the spirit and knows exactly what to say and when. The interview was so great and reminded me of the daddy daughter interviews we used to have every fast sunday :) I left knowing what I needed to work on. I love knowing what i need to work on! Oh p.s. its been super rainy and stormy here lately. LOVE IT!! and its been soooo much cooler!! Anyways, so then for the reast of the week, we extended dates to a few of our awesome investigators and sadly they havent accepted them yet but I have faith that they will accept them. One of them, Adela, has been with the missionaries forever and she is sooo close!!!
One thing that I have really learned this week is to have faith. Faith is something that I prayed really hard for this past week. because in order to baptize weekly, we have to have faith. Faith in the members, faith in the investigators, and faith in the people in our area. And of course faith in our Heavenly Father. As I was sitting in church on Sunday with 5 of our investigators and a less active that we have been working with forever, I really was thinking about how everything happens in the Lords time. We just need to work hard and do our part, and everything will work out. But all in the Lords time! If its not happening when we want it to, it's because its not supposed to be yet.
Another thing I know is true is the gift of tongues. I have really struggled with Spanish these past couple weeks but this week something just clicked. I have been learning it a lot faster, I am able to understand people better, and I can speak more in lessons. And I am not as shy about it. Its such an amazing feeling to know that the Lord is watching over me and helping me by giving me the gift of tongues :)
Last night was Maria's baptism. She got baptized with her granddaughter Roxana. They were both soooo excited!! Everyday we went over there and I taught Roxana, she would say, "3 more days" or "1 more day!". With a big smile on her face!! She is absolutely amazing!! And just a sweetheart!! it was a tender and very special moment when they both were baptized yesterday. And here is the miracle. Well a few of them. Maria flat out stopped smoking a week before her baptism. And she lives right next to her daughter, Janie, who has 4 kids that we talk to all the time. They have HATED us this whole time we have been teaching Maria!! Like would glare at us and just did not like us. They thought we would just go over and play with the little girls. But we found out they had been meeting with Jehovahs Witnesses. Which is why they didnt like us. But they had an incident with them where the JW's told them their baptisms in the catholic church was of the devil. They did not like that so they told them they couldnt visit anymore. So then they started to open up to us. There is Nenii and Eliud. (Those are Janie's girls, 12 and 11 years old). They started talking to us all the time and then they decided they wanted to come to church!! so they did!! and Nenii the 12 year old LOVED it!! sooo much!! and told us she wants to get baptized. NEXT SUNDAY!!!! ohhhhh my miracle!!! I have never been so happy in my life. She is so ready and so prepared. The Lord has been preparing her this whole time we have been teaching Maria. And my testimony has grown so much and if we have the faith to baptize weekly, we can.
I know that this church is true with all my heart and I am so grateful to be one of the Lords tools. And to help him with this marvelous work. I love you all so much and hope you have an amazing week!! :)
Con Amor,
Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment