Wednesday, August 14, 2013

There Goes Another Week! (week 9)


Holy cow the weeks seriously go by sooo fast. And the days just mush together. So do the weeks!!! I think one thing that is so exhausting about missionary work is trying to remember everything that went on. It seriously gives me a headache just thinking about what happened this past week and how I sum it up in one email, in just like 20 minutes. sooooo difficult. haha :)
Well... to start, on Monday, we obviously had p-day and then it was back to work at 6! we went and taught Janie, Eslendy, and Eliud. Janie is the mom of those 2 girls. We taught her about the Restoration and more about what her daughters have been learning so she can be on the same page as them!! It was such an amazing lesson. The spirit was so incredibly strong. And she accepted baptism. Which surprised both Hermana Tauteoli and I. We NEVER thought she would accept baptism. Something that we have been focusing on in Zone Meetings and stuff is how the spirit testifies the truth to our investigators. I saw that with Maria (since she is illiterate and didnt go to school so she didnt even understand some of the things we were teaching her!). The spirit truly testified the truth of what we were saying to her through her feeling the spirit. It was truly amazing. And saying the first vision, for the first time, in spanish, really was a testimony builder for me! I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. And that he translated the book of mormon and dedicated his life to restoring the true gospel of Jesus Christ here on the earth today. And I am so grateful for living prophets today that recieve revelation and inspiration straight from the Lord. But anyways, such a great lesson. And how open her heart is to the gospel is so great.. and we have already seen such a big change in her! After our lesson with Janie and her girls, we went to do Noche de Hogar (FHE) with a family that lives close that we havent been able to get into their home in forever!! And they are active members. We were a little late and the dad opened the door and was like "I thought you guys werent going to show up!!!" sooo cute.. but it was great! They have 9 kids and all 9 were just gathered in the front room of their small apartment and their dad just sat their and was able to see the miracle of his amazing family right in front of him. It was so touching and so great.
So then the rest of the week we really focused on our less actives, members, and the girls, Eslendy and Eliud. They are sooooo wonderful. And are progressing so much. They were supposed to get baptized yesterday but their mom had to work so they are getting baptized next sunday. And their mom has a date for the 10th of August. Seeing this gospel bless families is so tender. They are a beautiful and amazing family. Kind of like a home away from home. And I just love them so much. The girls are reading, praying (p.s. they have the cutest prayers in the world! ) and love coming to church and church activities. We brought them to the stake talent show with us and then Eliud came to the ward baptism last night. They are so excited to be baptized and to go buy cute new dresses for their baptisms. And they know everything. They are so smart. Sometimes I'm like.. uh okay you wanna just teach me?? haha! so great!! I am so excited for them and I know this gospel will bless their lives and their family. Maria is so excited they are getting baptized. Maria is just the cutest. She got confirmed yesterday and was reading for church at 8 when it starts at 9, her hair was done all pretty and she was wearing a cute green dress. She's the best!!!!!!
So funny story... yesterday we went to see Eslendy and Eliiud and Eslendy was super upset. Long story short, she told us she didnt want to study with us anymore because her and Eliud got in a fight and they both felt like they werent loved by the other one and stuff like that. It was sad because they were both crying but we talked to them about how much Heavenly Father loves them and that they are sisters and they need to learn to love each other no matter what and show each other that they love each other. I felt like I was talking to myself and one of my sisters like a couple years ago. And I never wanted to listen to what my parents told me. And now I love my sisters more than anything and I would do anything to take back those years and years of fighting. But I learned a very valuable lesson last night teaching them and I am glad that we were able to share experiences that helped them. We told them to say a prayer together and then hug. Eliud told us they did it and then Eslendy started doing her hair. I love those girls.
Well.. this past week has been so great and I wish I could tell yall everything! Oh!!! I forgot!! we did another mini mission this past week and I went by myself with a girl in the ward. soooo terrifying!! but with the Lords help we were able to help others and teach them and I was able to communicate in spanish. haha its coming very slowly!!
I love this gospel and i know that it is true!! Share it with everyone!! :) Hope yall have a great week! I love you all!!
Love, Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment