Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Lord Is Really Hastening His Work (week 11)


Hello everybody!! Hope you all had a great week!!!! This past week was a weird one that's for sure!! But I made it. And where do I even begin?? Not having P-day on Mondays makes it even hard to remember what I wanted to email about. Problems of a missionaryyy. So anyways, I guess I will start with how I got to go to the temple this mornin!! The temple is closed on monday's so we had to change our p-day to today. It was so worth it. The Houston temple is sooooo beautiful!! Its so small but I LOVE it. And its been a while since i have been to the temple. I am sooo grateful to have a temple in my mission. Oh well.. sike its not in my mission but it's in the Houston mission. And we get to go if we go with a member. So we did! We went with an Hermana in our ward that has been really struggling lately. It was great to see her so happy at the temple. I just love the spirit that is felt there and the love that I feel from my father in heaven. The temple is truly the Lords house, and its so special. And we are working on family history with Maria so she can go to the temple and do work for all her family that has died. yayyyyy shes is so super cute and excited about it. its the cutest thing! and her little granddaughters went to the temple with the rest of the primary last week and they loved it. sooo cute. and i will be there on the day when Maria gets to go in and get her endowments at the temple. yipee. okay so this past week we have really been working with Eslendy and Eliud who were BAPTIZED on Sundayyy!!! it was the cutest thing and i just love those girls so much. even though they make fun of my spanish.. so lame. but whatevs. they are 12 and 11. i still love them. after Eslendy was baptized she came out of the water and was like "can i hug you??" i was like ummmm DUHHHH!!!! wet and all.. she hugged me :) so tender. and they are so excited about activities and church and the temple and personal progress and reading the book of mormon. basically the perfect investigators. or i guess recent converts... almost!! they are great. oh! and they bore their testimonies to us yesterday and it was sooooo awesomee!! i was almost crying!! and they told one of the hermanas in the ward that they felt something different in their hearts and thats how they knew it was true. bingo!! And their mom, Janie, is getting more and more interested. She hasnt come to church yet but she loved her daughters baptism and she came to the primary activity last night and helped. The ward just involved her so much and they love her. So we are working a lot with her. Maria is basically amazing too because she took us to go visit and teach one of her friends. perfecttttt. love her!! But to be completely honest, i cant really remember anything else that happened. Its been a pretty good week. long, but good. And transfers are next week. I cant believe i will be in my 3rd transfer. i love missionary work so much!! This church is so true. And people change!
Con amor,
Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment