Saturday, June 1, 2013

Week 1 In The Mission Field!!!

Oh my goodness gracious! I can not believe that I have been in the mission field for a week now! And it is NOTHING like what I expected. So here's whats been going on lately!! So last Monday, we basically had a P-day. Then we had class and said goodbye to our teachers, got blessings from the Elders, and went back to our rooms to pack pack pack! sooo stressful! we didnt get done till like 11:30 and had to wake up at 2:30! so we woke up so early and got ready and then had to be at the travel office at 4. We got on a bus, and drove to the airport! Then we boarded our flight and were off! On the plane to Phoenix, I sat by a Hispanic man and he didnt know a lot of English. So I talked to him in spanish the entire time! sooooo cool! Then eventually we got to Houston! When we got here, we met the Mission President, got everything situated with our bags, then were off the the mission home! When we got to the Mission Home we had a little orientation thing, had dinner, then a testimony meeting. Then we stayed at a nearby members house! it was beautiful. So the next morning we got up, went to the mission office building, had training, met our trainers and then were off to our new areas!! So my new area is called Houston 9 North. Its a new area and so we do a lot of tracting and finding! Which is great! My trainer is Hermana Tauteoli! She is from Utah as well and she is great! We have a lot of fun! And we are working hard! So pretty much we work in the ghetto. well... its ghetto to me! We dont see many white people. haha the people here are so great though! Oh and uh did i mention I have no idea what anyone is saying? Ever? Yeah its great. I contribute when I can! haha its hard but its amazing how much I love every person that I talk to. Even the ones that reject us. And it happens. A lot! But yeah so with us tracting a lot, we meet tons of people and i have tons of stories. So the very first day we went over to an investigators house. He lives with a less active member. They are so so so great! I love them so much! But we have been teaching him and he is going to hopefully get baptized. I couldnt understand a word they were saying but I am pretty sure they were making fun of me. hahahahaha oh well. So these are the stories I can remember. The other day, we were in an apartment complex and I found this ADORABLE little puppy. So cute. but it was sick. It walked right over to me and so what did i do? of course i scratched its neck! I scratched that dogs back for probably a good 5 minutes. so nasty. haha cant believe i did that! but it was darling. And i have to say hi to EVERY SINGLE cat that I see. And we see tons. Everyday!! But here is the other story. So we went to visit a lady in another apartment complex and we were about to leave when this black guy walked by and was like "hey arent you gonna offer me any water?" and we were like "um you live here! you should be offering US water!" and he says "Its alright, yall are still cute!" HAHAHAHA so we were all laughing and just talking. Then we asked him if he had talked with missionaries before and then he asked us what the bike rack on the back of our car was. We told him what it was for and he was like "oh they dont make you walk your bike? BOSS STATUS!" hahaha so funny. then he asked us where we were from and he goes "utah texas or utah like utah jazz?" and i go "yeah i love the utah jazz! their games are so fun!!" and he looks at me and goes "are you a basketball girl?? I'm gonna have to date you one day!" creeeeeeeppppppppp. loved him though. so funny. But we found this guy the other night that was like a perfect investigator. Miracles are happening. It's really hard to not get discouraged, but if we keep the faith, miracles will happen. I know they will. Missions are hard but so wonderful at the same time and i am so grateful to be a missionary. it is a very special calling and I love it. I hope you all have an amazing week. Thank you for all your support and love! Send me emails and letters! More stories to come next week :)

Love, Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment