Sunday, June 30, 2013

10 News! (Week 5)


Well... another week down!! This week has been so crazy but it has been great!! The title of the email... we found 10 new investigators this past week! And most of them are families!! We met one family.. and the are the sweetest people I have ever met!! We OYMed(Open your mouth) them one night and we went back the next day to talk to them. The mom fed us a huge meal and we visited with the whole family. They are so wonderful and I have high hopes for them.
So the spanish, its hard. Everyone said I would pick it up but its been pretty difficult. I am trying my best though and I can definitely speak more than I could 3 months ago! But the nice thing about being in the U.S. is that I still get to speak english . A lot of people here speak both. Like we taught 2 lessons in English the other day. Oh well! I will learn it soon. I know that I will. I really love spanish. Its great! :)
One thing I have learned about the south, is that the people here really do know their Bible. I am experiencing it first hand every single day. A lot of the people that we teach, or the ones that let us in to talk to them, are Catholic. But, they are open to hearing about all different religions. The problem with that is that they dont progress. They enjoy having us over and in their homes, but they arent willing to go beyond their beliefs. One lady told us that she let anyone come and teach her and one of the churches she let come were the Jehovah's Witnesses. But she continued to tell us that she didnt like them because all they do is tell them they are wrong and that they (the JW's) are right. And its so true!! We talk to them every monday at the washeteria!! They really are rude sometimes... But we arent here to do that. We are here to love the people and add onto their beliefs. The Catholic religion teaches a lot of what we teach, but they just don't have the priesthood authority of God that we have today. That's one of the differences and so we just want to add onto their bliefs.
So this week we also had sisters conference. We talked about locking our hearts, being obedient, being representatives of Jesus Christ, and how that all relates back to the Atonement. The Atonement is the central doctrine of everything we teach and believe. And it is so true. I love it so much and I have a stronger testimony of it now.
One thing that I studied this week was Alma 5. I encourage everyone to read it. The questions that are asked are so great and we should all read that chapter often to check our progress and how we are doing to become more like Christ. I love this gospel so much and I know that this church is true! I hope everyone has an amazing week. Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Hermana Dorian! :) In large part because of your testimony, I have a greater desire and determination now, to live up to the standards and the Gospel that the Lord has given us.. to live worthy of His Spirit and His priesthood every day, and strive to get closer and closer to being more like Him! :) I can already tell you're a great missionary, and that you're gonna bring a lot more good into this world! :) Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete