Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Miracles Through Glass Beer Bottles, Bikes, Pennies and Creepy Mexican Men (Week 4)





Oh man what a week!! So the week before was kinda tough. But that happens. Its a mission! But even though it was difficult, I was determined to not give up and to continue to work as hard as I could and keep the faith. And the Lord truly blessed us for our hard work. This week we found 8 new investigators and taught a lot more lessons. It was just such an amazing week! I havent ever been so happy!! :) And it's a different kind of happy.
There comes a time in every missionaries mission where they realize the true purpose of missionary work and their purpose as a missionary. And that realization came to me this week. One day, I think after we had taught a lesson with a member, I got to thinking. Being on a mission is so hard, but at the same time it is so rewarding. And time is really warped on a mission. I feel like I am on a different planet sometimes. But as a missionary, the time in the apartment studying, is our time. But the minute we step outside of the apartment, its the Lords time. Well its all the Lords time, but its more of the Lords time. It is the Lords time to work through us to accomplish His great work. We met so many people this week that were truly just put into our path. And there is no other way we could have come into contact with them other than divine intervention from the Lord :) When I am out working and finding people and teaching, it isnt me. Everything I say isnt from me. It is truly from the Lord. And my testimony has grown so much!
Missions are also very humbling. We met a mother and a daughter this week that have disabilities and live in a kinda sketchy apartment complex. The people are kinda scary sometimes. And they get made fun of because they are a little different. And they dont have much. Dont have beds and dont have much clothes. They are english speaking so we cant teach them but we visited them yesterday and the mom said as we were leaving, "Can you buy her some clothes??". It broke my heart. Made me want to give her my whole wardrobe!! I wish I could.. but we are doing what we can to help them! And they want to come to church so bad! Man.. I just love them!!
But we finally had an investigator at church yesterday!! Her name is Maria and she has a baptismal date! She is so wonderful. I love her so much!! She was just getting herself around to places and has so many friends in relief society now! I love it! And we had the Elders give her a blessing because she has been having pain in her arm and back. So we went to her house after church, well later in the afternoon, and she had showered and was glowing. Her pain had mostly gone away and she just looked so happy! It made me so happy too. She needed to go to church to let go of all her stress and know that everything was going to be okay. She has been through a lot but shes figuring things out :) oh and in gospel principles, we got split up and I was paired with Maria. I was TERRIFIED!! i havent ever communicated with her one on one because i cant understand her very well and i dont know a lot of spanish. But i did it. I read a section of the book with her and we got up to teach the section we were assigned. And i felt like i was repeating myself a lot but it worked out. I stumbled through it. haha it was such a great experience though to communicate one on one with my investigator!
So some funny stories. We knocked on a door and the lady was black and spoke english but she let us in. We were just sitting there talking to her and getting to know her more and then all of a sudden my companion says, "So what ward do you go to?" I was like uhhhhhh... wait a second. what?! and then they started talking about the different wards here. I didnt say a word the rest of the converstion because i was trying to figure out when she had told us she was a member!!! So then we leave and I asked my companion how she knew she was a member! My companion just started laughing so hard and was like "oh!! i saw her scriptures on the shelf and a relief society book!" hahahaha i was like i am pretty sure i had been paying attention! ohhh my. sometimes i wonder about myself sometimes. haha it was so great! oh p.s. i started driving this week!! finally!! :) haha its so fun driving around a new car. not that that matters ;) oh and we rode bikes this week! it was so hot and so sweaty and we went to teach an investigator and i forgot how to talk because i was so out of it. joy.
Story of the week:
We were walking around an apartment complex that we are at everyday almost and we ALWAYS see this super creepy guy. Last time we saw him he said "Hola bonitas!' and this time we saw him and we tried to talk to him because we were like oh he is so prepared and we are going to convert him. so we saw him and we asked him where he lived and what side he lived on so we could go teach him, and he couldnt remember where he lived. awkward... and he walks a different dog everytime we see him. (I think he is the community dog walker). So this time he just stops and says "ustedes son hermosas para siempre..." That means "You guys are beautiful (gorgeous) forever" or something like that. AWKWARD!! we were like okay bye have a good day!!
Oh man life is so good. And this morning we had a hurricane drill. Got woken up at 6 in the morning and had to pack. I love missions. And I know that this church is true. I know this is the Lords work and if we trust in him and are faithful, we will see miracles in our lives. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live. They love us so much. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and he restored Christs church on the earth today. I know this is true. And I know this gospel can bless everyones lives in so many ways. I love this work and I love the Lord and his son Jesus Christ. I love this people here and I love being an instrument in the Lords hands. I hope you all have an amazing week!! :)
Love, Hermana Dorian!

No comments:

Post a Comment