Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Miracles Never Cease! (Week 3)



Holy smokes another week has passed! This week was probably one of the longest and one of the shortest. Doesnt make sense, I know. But in mission time, it does. It was a wonderful week though. It was long because my companion, Hermana Tauteoli was sick (well she has something in her foot and when she eats certain things or is stressed it hurts really really bad). So we werent able to go out during the day for 2 days. But I sure got A LOT of studying and reading done! She told me after the first day that if your companion is sick, you can sleep and take naps. WHATTT??? But then the next day I just felt so guilty sleeping. I felt like I needed to be studyinggg! So i did :) haha I am glad I didnt sleep though because I really learned so mucmore about this gospel than I would have if I had taken a nap. I read Our Search for Happiness, and Our Heritage (well some of it). Such good books!!! So in the midst of having to stay in the apartment all during the day, when we did go out at night, we saw some great miracles happen, hense the title of this email! 
So we had our FIRST BAPTISM on Saturday! That baptism was an absolute miracle. So his name is Jorge Garcia. The missionaries have been teaching him for 5 years. He has had tons of baptismal dates but has never gone through with any of them. We went and visited him that first real night I was here in Texas and have visited with him almost every night since then. When we first visited him, he had a date for June 15th. So we continued to teach him. However, he is a very slow learner. And he would never keep any of his commitments and wouldnt come to church because he wouldnt go unless the less active, Carmen, that he lives with went with him. And she was always too lazy to get up in the morning. So it was really difficult and before we went over on Wednesday night, we had planned to drop him if he wasnt commited. So we were there and while we were eating Hna Tauteoli started talking to him and tried to find out where he stood and what he wanted. He told us he wanted to get baptized but was just too shy! Too shy?! ohhhhhh my. He's a funny one!! Anyways.. so then we were like okay well your baptism will be on the 15th with Maria (another one of our investigators with a date) and he was like NO! I cant get baptized with someone else! I dont want anyone at my baptism!! So then Carmen was like "Okay then you have to get baptisedthis Saturday". He was like what? for real? So he asked us what he had to do. So we read the baptismal interview questions with him and at the end he got his answer. That now he was ready and now was his time to be baptized. FINALLY!!! I was sooooo happy!! So, that night we went home and made plans. The next day he had his interview and passed. He made it to the baptism. And after he was baptised, his countenance just changed. It was miraculous. After so many years, he was finally ready and finally did it. I then knew why I was on a mission. :) So then yesterday, we went over to their house early to make sure they made it to church on time, only to find out that Jorge had been out all night looking for Carmens drunk brother and needed to go pick him up. Church starts at 9 and he left at 8:30to go get him. We were stresssinnnggggg. I didnt think he would make it on time. But guess what. HE SURE DID. He made it just in time!! So he was confirmed and everything went perfectly. I am so grateful for this gospel. And I know that if we have faith, we will see miracles. Whether they are little or big, doesnt matter. They happen. I know this gospel can bless lives and I am so grateful I get to share it. I know that this church is true. I love you all and thank you for your support. Feel free to email or write me ;) haha anyways hope everyone has a great week!!! :) Read the scriptures and pray. And study the Atonement. You wont regret it. Adios hasta la proxima semana!! :)
Hermana Dorian :)

No comments:

Post a Comment