Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Church is True!!


Thats all I gotta say. Just kidding! But really. The church is sooooo true!!! And everyday I think my Father in Heaven for the opportunity I have to serve a mission, especially at my age!! Its truly amazing! Humbling, rewarding, and amazing! I cant believe another week has already gone by. Its true what they say about the MTC... the days are long but the weeks are short. P.S. They changed our P-Day to Tuesday.. as I am sure you can already tell ;) Kinda lame. They changed around our whole schedule and its worse. Except for Tuesday P-days. NO CLASS! Yayyyy! i mean.... sad....hehe But the schedule is alright :) Just as I was getting used to the other one... of course. haha OH WELL.
 
Sooo... this week. You know, these weeks are so crazy that I forget what happens. But that's good right? Here are some significant things that happened. Last Tuesday we had a devotional about repentance and it was wonderful!! The one thing that he said though that stood out to me was how I have been called by the Lord to serve in Houston, Texas and I will go and do anything that they Lord would have me do. Jesus died for us and atoned for our sins and it would be a waste of my life if I didnt give 18 months of it back to the Lord. A complete waste. And yesterday for the last hour of class we went outside to a couple tables that were at the back of the MTC. It was our own "sacred grove". And it was amazing. Our teacher read a few verses from 2 Nephi 3 about how Lehi had a vision that Jospeh Smith would be chosen to restore the church once again here on the earth today. Then she recited the first vision and the spirit there was incredible. While she was bearing her testimony I thought about how cool it would have been to be in Jospeh Smith's postition. But I know that this gospel is true and has been restorded by a prophet Joseph Smith. I don't know how anyone could deny that he was a prophet. How in the world could a 14 year old boy translate the Book of Mormon and restore the gospel on the earth.. on his own. It's impossible. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to him in the Sacred Grove. I know it. And I have a testimony of it. And I will continue to become more converted as I spend these next 18 months of my life teaching others about the restoration and helping them become converted to Christ, as I am being more converted each and every day!
 
So we have 2 new investigators. Stefan and Candi. They are great! We love them! Stefan's family are members but he isnt. But he loves the missionaries and we are so excited to teach him about the restoration and the book of mormon. And then Candi is a single mother with 4 daughters. our first lesson was rough but our last one was better because we showed her that we cared about her and we werent just there to give her a lesson and leave. I dont have much more time but I want you all to know that I have a testimony of this gospel and I am LOVING being a missionary!! It is the greatest calling EVER. Send me letters!! Thank you for all your support and love!!
Have a great week!!
 
Adios! Con amor,
Hermana Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment