Sunday, May 19, 2013

6th Week on the Island: One left on the 'Empty Sea.'


Holy cow where has the time gone!? I leave the MTC in exactly one week!!! I am sooo excited. I am sad though because I love the MTC so much. I have learned sooo much while I've been here and I have been so blessed with the most amazing District, Zone, Teachers, Investigators, EVERYTHING. I have seen the Lords hand in my life so much and the spirit here is so so strong. It's amazing. But I am so excited to get to work! And work hard! And apply everything that i have learned here. 6 weeks flys. And it got me thinking last week that my mission is going to fly. It's gonna go by sooo fast!! So I am going to cherish every moment that I have to be a missionary and be the best missionary that i can be because this opportunity wont come again! Well.. until i serve 50 missions with my future husband ;) haha cant wait!! missions are amazing.
So this past week had been so spiritually uplifting and I have learned tons. Just like every week! On Tuesday Eduardo Gavarrett of the Seventy spoke to us and talked about how we need to focus on learning, working, being happy, and enjoying our time, and looking for the blessings that missionaries recieve! We watched a video at the end and it was so powerful and one thought really hit me. The thought I had was "Jesus Christ died for me and he died for our investigators because He loves them SO much! And he wants them to know that!" And that is the job of a missionary. To help people realize how much God and Jesus Christ love them and bring them the joy of the gospel. Being a missionary brings so much joy and happiness into my life and I dont know where I would be without this gospel. And its an honor to be able to help others realize that and accept our message. Its a great and wonderful message!! :)
Then I had a really cool experience this week. I taught another missionary as an investigator! His name was Marco and he was the father of 4 sons. His oldest son was really sick and he wanted to help him. He was born into the Catholic church but never felt right about it. So I shared the scripture Alma 7:11-13 with him and it was so powerful. The spirit was so strong. Especially since I really tried to find his needs and listen to the spirit as to what I should teach him. Then I taught him about the Book of Mormon and how reading it will increase his faith and help his testimony grow. It was an absolutely amazing experience and I cant wait to have those experiences in the field. :)
GET THIS. So on sunday in relief society, Janice Kapp Perry spoke to us. AMAZING. She is an amazing woman! I was bawling through the entire meeting. I think everyone was. She spoke, but the majority of the meeting we were singing. We sang a medley of a bunch of different songs that she has written and the spirit was so strong. The songs we sang and the things she said to us were an DIRECT answer to my prayers this past week. I know that if we pray with a sincere heart, God will answer our prayers. He is there and he wants to talk to each and every one of us! Because we are His children and he loves us so much!!! But then we were the first sister missionaries to sing her new version of "As Sisters in Zion". She changed it to "The Sisters of Zion". It is an amazing song and when it comes out, you all just remember that I was one of the first sister missionaries to sing it. soooooooooo cool. the gospel is true. Oh and I had to give a talk in sacrament on sunday. IN SPANISH. my golly. so nerveracking!! ;)
I just want to bear my testimony to all of you reading this that I know without a doubt this is the true church of God. Read Mosiah 26:22. So great. I just want to read that to all my investigators and be like alright who wants to be baptized. But really, I love this gospel so much and it makes me so happy. I have such a strong testimony of missionary work and its amazing. And its growing so much and its so awesome!! I know this is true and I dont want to be anywhere else! I love you all so much and thank you so much for your love and support!! Hope everyone is doing well! :)
 
Adios!
 
Hermana Dorian :)

No comments:

Post a Comment