Thursday, May 23, 2013

Me oh my.. how does the Time Fly!! "Hey wanna hear a funny story? k sooo (Que-sooooo) CHEESE! hahahahahaha


I'm such a poet. HA! Not. But seriously! This is insane!! I can not believe that I leave the MTC TOMORROW! at 4 in the morning!! I am kinda freaking out. It still doesnt seem that real. The whole time at the MTC, and since I have been here so long, it was like oh okay we go to the MTC then go home. Noooooo... I am going on a mission. No more fake investigators, no more learning "about" the field. Now it's time for real investigators and learning "in" the field. I cant believe this is finally happening. I really am so excited. The MTC has changed my life though. I can only imagine how serving in Texas will change my life even more. My testimony has grown so much. And it's been on a completely different level. It's changed my perspective of everything. And one thing that I have come to realize by being here is that I only have 18 months to serve the Lord. Only 18 months to give EVERYTHING that I have to my Savior who gave his life for me. I wont ever have this chance ever again, to serve a mission the way that I am right now. As a teenager who doesn't even have that many life experiences under her belt, striving to rely on the Lord and the Holy Ghost to help her through, along with her hard work. So I am going to work as hard as I can. I will be dragging my sorry behind to bed every night, knowing I gave my all. Each and every day. The call of a missionary is so divine and sacred. There is nothing like it. We are the only people other than the Prophet with the authority to promise specific blessings and invite others to be baptized. I am so excited to go and meet people and bring them the HAPPY message of the gospel. Because it is so happy! :) And by the spirit, it can change peoples lives in ways they didnt even think were possible! I just want everyone to know that I know my Savior, Jesus Christ, lives. I know that this is the only true church on the earth with the proper priesthood authority to make covenants with God. I am so grateful that I get to give a little part of my life to the Lord. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that Jospeh Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. And I know that God answers every one of our prayers. Maybe not in the way we expect, but He does answer them. I love being a missionary!!!
Alright so here's whats been going on this past week! So.. we finished with our investigatorson Friday! And we ended it with a perfect lesson. Stefan is sooo close to baptism! In a hypothetical way of course, since "Stefan" is our teacher ;) but... the spirit was so strong in the lesson. So so so strong. And I was able to say exactly what I wanted to say. Oh and can I just testify that the Gift of Tongues is real? Its as real as a tomato. true story. but if we work as hard as we can to have the gift of tongues, we will have it! :) Anyways, so also! all the Elders in my district are going to Argentina but they all didnt get their visas and were reassigned! 3 OF THE ELDERS GOT ASSIGNED TO TEXAS HOUSTON SOUTH!!! of all the missions they could have been sent to, it was mine!!! I am soooo happy!!! Elder Truman, Elder Flake, and Elder Craven! yayy!! And Elder Flake.. the FUNNIEST person in the world. I am so excited! It's going to be so fun!! There are like 40 + missionaries on our flight. Definitely going to have everyone else on the flight converted by the time we land. PERFECT. Love it. Oh! so we had in-field orientation on Thursday and it got me so pumped up and excited to leave! I am really excited for the airport. I just want to talk to everyone. I have become so interested in people and their stories. Everyone has a different story and I cant wait to hear EVERYONES. okay not everyones... but a lot. I am just so ready to work! 
Alright, times up. But the next time you hear from me, I will have a week down in the mission field!! :) YAY!! Keep writing me! dont forget me even though I wont be in the MTC anymore! But I love this gospel so much and I love missionary work! Thank you for all your support and love! :) I love you all so much!! Have a great week! 
Con Amor, 
Hermana Dorian :)

No comments:

Post a Comment