Thursday, April 25, 2013

Letter From Becca 4/25/2013-The Book is Always Better



 Hola everyone! Can't believe I have already almost been here for 2 weeks!! Only 4 more weeks left. Let me tell ya.... P-Days are GREAT!!! we live for them. and we are so lucky because we get the best 3 days right in a row!! Sunday, P-day, and the tuesday!! Tuesdays are the best because of the devotionals! Last week guess who it was. RICHARD G. SCOTT. HOLLAAAAAA. And I was singing in the choir so we got awesome seats. It was the best thing in the world. He talked about prayer and how there is ONE person that we can have one on one time with and that is the Lord. He wants us to talk to him. And we can. ANYTIME, ANYWHERE. I have never prayed so much in my life as I have prayed here in the last 2 weeks. And I will pray like this for the rest of my life because prayer brings so much peace. And comfort. It is amazing! But then after he spoke, he sat down, we sang, and the sister giving the prayer almost made it to the podium when Elder Scott SHOT up out of his chair and basically pushed her out of the way. He felt prompted to give us all an apostolic blessing. It was AMAZING. I felt so overwhelmed with the Spirit. Everything he said was EXACTLY what I needed to hear and I felt like the Lord was talking to ME personally. It was absolutely wonderful and I was just so grateful to be here to witness and experience an apostle giving us a blessing. And earlier that day I was talking to the other sisters in my district about how we wanted blessings. And we got one. The Lord knows us personally and he knows what we need. And it just strengthened my testimony soooo much and I just love this gospel so much and I love being a missionary!!!
Line of the week: "If I knew spanish, I'd tell ya!!!" -Elder Parsons. The Elders in my district are HILARIOUS and we were in class (p.s. our teacher now is the guy who was our first investigator.. awk.) and the teacher asked us a question and Elder Parsons just looked at him and said that. It was reallyyyy funny!!!! I was dying!! We have tons of funny things that go on in our classroom!!!
Yesterday in class we read 1 Nephi Chapter 1 and looked for elements of the Restoration and there are TONS!
What is cool is Lehi had the same experience as Joseph Smith. And that is just evidence that God calls prophets in every dispensation! :) Love it. Our teacher got so excited about it.

Bye bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment